Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reschedule interview for H4 as H4 petition form was not provided.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reschedule interview for H4 as H4 petition form was not provided.

Hi,

Thanks for the gr8 site & forum.

Me(H4) & My wife(H1B) had an interview at Mumbai consulate office. He asked some basic questions to her.
    However, he asked for H4 petition to me.
    We are actually are not aware if H4 petition is required !

From most of the sites & her employer as well said to provide H1B petition form for H4.
    I showed him H1B petition form & even HDFC receipt.

But he took H1B petition & said there should be same petition with H4 mentioned instead of H1B.

Good thing is he approved H1B & asked to reschedule H4 interview.
    No slip given nothing else. Only he returned my passport.

( the VO was good & wasn't frustrated with this. He kindly told us what is exactly required.)

Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by TravellerX; 09-14-2012, 06:48 AM. Reason: Minor changes spells etc.

...and your question is ?
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

That does not make sense. There is no such thing as H4 petition. Some people who have been to US before may have the approval notice for change to or extension of H4 status, but that is not a petition. You should contact the consulate for more clarity. Was this done by the actual consular officer or VFS agent? (They have VFS agents in the consulate also). VFS agents can be misinformed but consular officer should know better.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

No reply from Consulate

Mumbai consulate said that they forwarded my case to the US consulate office. (head office)

Anyway, my wife's employer has done another payment we are re scheduling my interview.

Same reply we have got from employer that there is no such thing like H4 petition required.
        Lets see with another interview.

-------

To others,
        The question was Has anyone came across this kind of scenario ?
        What is H4 petition & is it required for fresh H1 petition ?

Comment

Finally got.

After lots of communication through mail & calls, the customer care said, just to submit passport to VFS & you will get your visa stamped.

when asked for what was the issue, they commented "might be some misunderstanding"

I wasn't satisfied though, submitted the passport & got the visa stamped.

Thanks all for replying.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X