Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I start working with new company while my L1 to H1 COS in process ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I start working with new company while my L1 to H1 COS in process ?

Hi,

I am working with a company, through which I came to US on L1B (Individual). My visa is valid till Feb 5 2015. Now I have a offer and wanted to change company.
    While my L1 to H1 COS in process from new organization, Can I quit my current job start working with new employer ?

If yes, what is the process ? Do we need to intimate to USCIS about the change is employment status ?
    If no, is there any way, that I can switch my job, while I am on L1 ? or Am I need to wait till my H1 approves ?

Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by VMadhuBabu View Post
    Hi,

I am working with a company, through which I came to US on L1B (Individual). My visa is valid till Feb 5 2015. Now I have a offer and wanted to change company.
    While my L1 to H1 COS in process from new organization, Can I quit my current job start working with new employer ?

If yes, what is the process ? Do we need to intimate to USCIS about the change is employment status ?
    If no, is there any way, that I can switch my job, while I am on L1 ? or Am I need to wait till my H1 approves ?

Is it a fresh H1? If yes, then you can work only from 01 Oct 2012. if its a tranfser of a previous H1, ideally you should wait for approval before starting to work for your new employer on h1. this is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is it a fresh H1? If yes, then you can work only from 01 Oct 2012. if its a tranfser of a previous H1, ideally you should wait for approval before starting to work for your new employer on h1. this is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi... Yes it is going to be a fresh H1 visa.

Comment

Originally posted by vmadhubabu View Post
        hi,

i am working with a company, through which i came to us on l1b (individual). My visa is valid till feb 5 2015. Now i have a offer and wanted to change company.
        While my l1 to h1 cos in process from new organization, can i quit my current job start working with new employer ?

If yes, what is the process ? Do we need to intimate to uscis about the change is employment status ?
        If no, is there any way, that i can switch my job, while i am on l1 ? Or am i need to wait till my h1 approves ?

you must wait until the h1b is approved.

Comment

Similar situation

Didn't mean to takeover your thread...but I'm in a similar situation....have a valid l1b till March 2015, but I have an offer from new company...should i ask the new company to file for my h1b under COS and continue working for old company till it is approved. Good thing is I can tell the company to file in april and wait till Oct to have it approved...is that right? Also if the application gets rejected what would be the adversities?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X