Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT !!! Port of entry after H1 visa stamping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT !!! Port of entry after H1 visa stamping.

Hey guys,

I am checking this forum since visa filed and get stamped and will continue to checking it. I have a query for POE. Since I was living in san francisco and later got job in Dallas. Now my visa got stamped and booking my ticket.

Now I want to enter from SF airport from India to collect all my luggage from home. My job is in Dallas. Do I need any document if I am entering from SF airport(SFO) instead of Dallas (DFW) airport?

Please help me with this as I am booking my ticket tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for quick reply.

Originally posted by pratik7008 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am checking this forum since visa filed and get stamped and will continue to checking it. I have a query for POE. Since I was living in san francisco and later got job in Dallas. Now my visa got stamped and booking my ticket.

Now I want to enter from SF airport from India to collect all my luggage from home. My job is in Dallas. Do I need any document if I am entering from SF airport(SFO) instead of Dallas (DFW) airport?

Please help me with this as I am booking my ticket tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for quick reply.
    As long as you have all the latest documentation pertaining to your new location you are good to enter US from anywhere. You can have any POE. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      As long as you have all the latest documentation pertaining to your new location you are good to enter US from anywhere. You can have any POE. This is my opinion not legal advice.
      again want to clear one more thing. I haven't been to US since January. I was in India and was not working for any employer. My new employer filed my h1 and got it approved and stamped. So will it still work? I have each and every documents that company has couriered me for visa stamping process. So as per my understanding I need I797 approval notice and visa stamp on passport during the time of entry in US. But I don't know which other document need if I change POE in US. Though I have valid reason to choose different port of entry as my all stuffs are in my old place and have to collect them to start a new life at new place.

So do you know if any extra documents I need apart from I797 if I enter from SF instead of Dallas?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X