Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension Approved and going for stamping

Hi,
    I have my current petition valid from 20 September 2010 till 15 December 2012. My 140 is approved and i got my 3 year extension approved from 16 December 2012 till 15 December 2015 with the new petition. I am planning to go to India on November 1st and return on December 1st. So, I am planning to go for stamping on 7th November. Should i schedule the visa appointment with my new petition or with my old petition? I would like to avoid going again for stamping in the coming 3 years in case i have to go to India. If i want to apply with the new petition, what is the earliest date i can go for stamping with the new petition? And what is the earliest date i can come to US on (assuming the stamping is approved with new petition)?

My wife went to Hyderabad for H4 stamping with the same new petition. On her visa, it was written that visa was not valid until December 6th, 2012. At the port of entry in Detroit, they stopped her and questioned for an hour. When she had shown them the previous petitions and the new petition, they got confused and allowed her by stamping only till December 15th, 2012(i.e. til the old petition end date).
    Am i going to face a similar situation? My port of entry is Chicago. If required, i can postpone my return date for one or two more weeks. I am going to Hyderabad consulate for stamping.

PLEASE ADVICE.

You can use the new petition for your Visa application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

If I use my new petition and go for visa appointment, would I be able to come to US before the new petition start date, if stamping is done? I mean do they stamp me from the day I attended interview?

Comment

Yes, show both petitions when you return.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

My wife went to Hyderabad for H4 stamping with the same new petition. On her visa, it was written that visa was not valid until December 6th, 2012. At the port of entry in Detroit, they stopped her and questioned for an hour. When she had shown them the previous petitions and the new petition, they got confused and allowed her by stamping only till December 15th, 2012(i.e. til the old petition end date). Would that become a problem for me, too?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X