wife to be in India with valid B2 - transfer to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife to be in India with valid B2 - transfer to H4

I am currently on H1b valid till Feb2013 and I797 valid till Dec 2013. I intend to go back to india and marry my girl friend who has a valid tourist visa. I want know if it would be advised to get married before February2013 (my existing visa validity date) and bring here in her valid B2 and then apply for a transfer through my University.

or should I get married come back and process H4 from USA? in that case she would be granted visa only till Dec 2013 ( my current I797 validity date).

Or would it be best to process my visa renewal process June 2013 ( Dec 2013 is the urrent I797 validity date) and then go get married and appear for the interview together? If so can the H4 be applied for while I am in India merely on the basis of marriage certificate and photographs? Do I need additional papers from university?

Look forward to your help and suggestions

You should get married whenever you think is the right time.

Once you are married, you can bring your spouse on H4 visa.

Until then, don't try anything that puts both of you in trouble.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      You should get married whenever you think is the right time.

Once you are married, you can bring your spouse on H4 visa.

Until then, don't try anything that puts both of you in trouble.
      Thanks a lot for your reply. But am not sure how long it takes normally to process H4 . I know every case is different, but if you could give me a tentative time as my wife to be would have to resign from her job with a two month notice so am trying to time it to the best of my ability without doing anything that would not be the best legal practice.
      So going back, getting married, coming to USA , getting the university to process H4 for her and then waiting for due process would be the only way?

Or can I go there for my renewal, get married there, send the university scanned copeis of certificate and once her H4 papers are processed and sent to me and then schedule her interview along with my renewal?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X