Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completed BSc in Nursing from India and want to talk about future options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed BSc in Nursing from India and want to talk about future options.

Hi,

I am Anjali. I have completed my BSc from a reputed college in India and want to explore future opportunities regarding my course. I want to do Msc in Psychiatric Nursing. The problem is that I am confused whether I should do it from India or Abroad. Also, if I do it from India, will I be eligible to work in the United States?
    Furthermore, if I do my Msc from USA, is there any scope for me to come back to India and continue my job in India?

I would be indebted to you if you could help me with this situation.

Thanks.

Originally posted by KMAnjali View Post
    Hi,

I am Anjali. I have completed my BSc from a reputed college in India and want to explore future opportunities regarding my course. I want to do MSc in Psychiatric Nursing. The problem is that I am confused about whether I should do it from India or Abroad. Also, if I do it from India, will I be eligible to work in the United States?
    Furthermore, if I do my MSc from the USA, is there any scope for me to come back to India and continue my job in India?

I would be indebted to you if you could help me with this situation.

Thanks.
    Hello Anjali,

As per my knowledge, there are 2 things: If you complete Bsc Nursing and would like to apply for Msc. Nursing In USA which is called Nurse Practioner(N.P) So, you must have to take NCLEX-RN to be registered Nurse in the USA. So, basically, you have to choose a college in the USA who offer NP - Psychiatric nursing program and I'm sure in their program qualification they mentioned you have to be Registered nurse in the USA. It means you have to complete an NCLEX-RN license for that state who offer this program. You can take NCLEX-RN license exam in India and be US RN but you have to go through your transcript evaluation process and meet the US BSc Nursing requirement and you did. So, you should be ok but you should complete this process to get the qualify for the NCLEX exam. I would recommend to choose college and apply for NCLEX in Texas, Massachusetts, California, and Illinois( Chicago) states. Probably these stat's evaluation process is straight forward and simple than other states. Some other states ask you to take CGFNS and other English proficiency tests as well before qualifying for NCLEX and Once you clear the license exam some college may require GRE or IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in the Master's program. But it is varies based on the college. After you can get admission and apply for the student visa(F1).

Therefore, I would strongly recommend to complete Msc. from India and apply for above-mentioned state's nursing board to get eligible to NCLEX based on your Msc education and once you qualify to take the exam and after getting through exam you can directly apply to any hospital where you applied for your NCLEX and hospital will guide you for work authorization and other visa stuff.

Second thing: If you want to go back to India and serve I India where you can get a job since US degree is widely accepted but since Nursing has license protocol I would strongly recommend to check in with your domicile state license board or the state where you would like to work after completing your NP program that what is the foreign (USA) Msc Nursing degree license process. It would be best to check in with them and good to know their policies ahead.

Hope my answer will help you to make a decision.

Comment

Hi

I've also completed BSc in Psychology in India and wondering if I am able to proceed with my career in mental health. I own a website so it's my main occupation for now. What to do next to become a councelor?
      Last edited by ceci1073; 10-06-2020, 09:30 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Especially at this time, being a nurse is not easy. On the fragile shoulders of every nurse there is an enormous amount of responsibility. A person must be hardy and patient with everything, because it is a profession that requires patience, accuracy, and care. I have noticed that there are very few good nurses at the moment. However, I do know that cnaclasses101.com trains true professionals. It is this job that is sent to us by heaven and nurses are our angels who protect us from trouble and disease
        Last edited by mariacow; 02-17-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I have the same situation as you, I just can't decide what to do next. I was recommended to apply for MSC. As someone mentioned above, I must have to take NCLEX-RN to be a registered nurse in the USA. Will this allow me to work for private home care services, should I get a license for working with people outside medical institutions? Does someone here work in the USA? The answers above are pretty old, they don't include the pandemic nuances. I hope nothing is changed for foreigners in terms of getting a job. On the contrary, they should be interested in the increase of medical staff across the country.
          Last edited by melanmack; 07-17-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X