Driver License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver License

I need assistance...I have a sister in law that prior to getting married had used a cousins social security number to get a drivers license, she then got married, applied to immigration and becoame a permenant resident, got another license with her true name, but on the paper work for immigration where it asked if she had sued any prevsious names...we overlooked this and entered na in this section...well now 7 years has passed and she went in to renew her driver licenses and they told her that she could not since they had started impleneting facial recognition system and the system showed that she had received a drivers license wit the cousins name, etc...WHAT CAN SHE DO TO CORRECT THIS? DOES SHE HAVE TO GET A LAWYER OR CAN SHE GO VISIT THE INS OFFICE LOCALLY? WE ARE IN THE STATE OF NEBRASKA.
    tHANKS,

Originally posted by achavez View Post
    I need assistance...I have a sister in law that prior to getting married had used a cousins social security number to get a drivers license, she then got married, applied to immigration and becoame a permenant resident, got another license with her true name, but on the paper work for immigration where it asked if she had sued any prevsious names...we overlooked this and entered na in this section...well now 7 years has passed and she went in to renew her driver licenses and they told her that she could not since they had started impleneting facial recognition system and the system showed that she had received a drivers license wit the cousins name, etc...WHAT CAN SHE DO TO CORRECT THIS? DOES SHE HAVE TO GET A LAWYER OR CAN SHE GO VISIT THE INS OFFICE LOCALLY? WE ARE IN THE STATE OF NEBRASKA.
    tHANKS,
    The best recommendation would be to get an attorney. What she did constitutes fraud, and that could potentially have her AOS overturned and get her deported.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X