Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago USCIS PO BOX: How often do they pick up their mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago USCIS PO BOX: How often do they pick up their mail?

The tracking for my husband's AOS, EAD, and Advanced Parole applications says it "Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL 60680" on 2/9/18 at 12:30. I spoke with someone at the post office, and they said it won't be marked as "delivered" until someone from the USCIS office comes to collect the mail.

Does anyone know how often they pick up their mail? Tomorrow will be a week since it arrived at the post office, and I'm just getting a little ancy.

Thanks!

It depends on whether you use the mail address or the courier delivery address. These days, Priority Mail is more than competitive with FedEx, etc., and if standard Priority (not Express), it can be in the mail address location in two days from your mailing.

Courier delivery is sometimes delayed an additional day after delivery date before being run through intake (my opinion based on tracking over the last few years).

--Ray B

Originally posted by elong View Post
    The tracking for my husband's AOS, EAD, and Advanced Parole applications says it "Arrived at Post Office Chicago, IL 60680" on 2/9/18 at 12:30. I spoke with someone at the post office, and they said it won't be marked as "delivered" until someone from the USCIS office comes to collect the mail.

Does anyone know how often they pick up their mail? Tomorrow will be a week since it arrived at the post office, and I'm just getting a little ancy.

Thanks!

Comment

help

please i am in the same situation, did they eventually pick it up?and how long did it take? i have been calling the post office but they dont pick up the phone. do you have a number for the post office?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicssct View Post
        please i am in the same situation, did they eventually pick it up?and how long did it take? i have been calling the post office but they dont pick up the phone. do you have a number for the post office?
        I am having the same issue. It took USPS to deliver package 10 days to PO Box. Now, it just says package is ready for pick up. I am not sure how much time, does it take.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they pick up your package?

Comment

no. mine just said arrived at the post office. it has been like that for 12 days now

Comment

I mailed from Chicago to Chicago lockbox, priority express shizzle using USPS
            still took a week before it was marked as picked up, another week for the notice
            This is my opinion, not legal advice!

AOS (c9) 2 USC 485/130/131/765
            122017 - PD
            012518 - Biometrics
            033118 - EAD/AP Combo card delivered
            062618 - "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
            082618 - "we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485"
            090418 - 2nd we scheduled
            091018 - first interview canceled
            092118 - Request to reschedule int
            102318 - Renewal filed EAD/AP
            030819 - EAD/AP Card in hand
            040219 - We canceled your int
            040519 - Int sched
            051419 - Interview
            053119 - approved

Comment

Anxious

I sent in my documents on March 14 through USPS, it didn't arrive until March 21st and got dilvered March 22nd at 6:25 am. I'm now waiting for text or email notification. Anyone on here waiting also?
              USCIS - Chicago dropbox
              Filing from South Carolina
              Documents Sent (USPS)- 3/14/18
              Received by USCIS - 3/20/18
              Priority Date - 03/20/18
              Received 4 NOAs text/email 12:47 - 04/02/18
              Received 4 NOAs in mail - 04/05/2018
              Biometrics Notice - 04/12/2018 for 04/27/2018
              Biometrics complete- 04/27/2018
              Case is ready to be schedule for interview- 05/16/2018
              Interview was scheduled- 5/21/2018
              Interview done 6/25/2018
              New card is being produced 6/25/2018
              I130 and I485 approved 6/26/2018

Comment

Did you your mail get picked up?
                USCIS - Chicago dropbox
                Priority Date - 03/20/18
                Interview done 6/25/2018

Comment

Originally posted by MzJ View Post
                  Did you your mail get picked up?
                  Yes it did.
                  USCIS - Chicago dropbox
                  Priority Date - 03/20/18
                  Interview done 6/25/2018

Comment

same problem, so much worry

I got the same issued.
                    Before, i sent the application for my Mom, sent on Monday, and they updated "Delivered & Signed on Thursday.
                    But now i just sent the application for my Spouse on last Monday (April 9th, 2018), but until today when i tracked it just showed "Arrived at the post office". Not even "Ready for Pick up".
                    - Do you guys have any advise now? I'm going to go to the post office to ask manager. And will update after lunch.
                    I am so worry now. hix.

-----> Updated: I asked the manager at my local USPS, he tried to call the USPS at Chicago but no one pick up the phone.
                    He gave me 2 number of Chicago USPS. you can try to call them to verify like me now:

312-692-6120
                    312-983-8130 (this number picked up the phone, but so crazy woman, rude)
                    ---> next number is 312-983-7544 (for send out the mail to PO box)

good luck all!
                    Last edited by richard2017; 04-16-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

no. mine just said arrived at the post office. it has been like that for 12 days now
                      Hello Vicssct,
                      Did USCIS charged your check for applications?
                      And how long from the day Arrival at the Post office to the day USCIS picked your application up?
                      Please give me some update from yours.
                      Thank you so so much.

Comment

ATTENTION:
                        - I updated now. Today 4/20/2018, LockBox of USCIS was charged my check, even USPS still show up "Arrived at Chicago Post office". They did not change to "Ready For Pick Up" or Signature confirmed. even i paid for that $3.
                        - It is so crazy. But i am happy when i saw LockBox charged the check, that's mean they take my Application. (i4-85, i-130, i-765). So, you guys HAVE TO send documents with the checks, that's another way we can check when they processing your applications.
                        Good luck to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by richard2017 View Post
                          ATTENTION:
                          - I updated now. Today 4/20/2018, LockBox of USCIS was charged my check, even USPS still show up "Arrived at Chicago Post office". They did not change to "Ready For Pick Up" or Signature confirmed. even i paid for that $3.
                          - It is so crazy. But i am happy when i saw LockBox charged the check, that's mean they take my Application. (i4-85, i-130, i-765). So, you guys HAVE TO send documents with the checks, that's another way we can check when they processing your applications.
                          Good luck to you guys.
                          I had the same issue. I had sent to the P.O. Box in Chicago, IL via USPS. The USPS tracking said it had "Arrived at the Post Office in 60680" on April 12th. When I called the post office a lady told me a clerk had forgotten to scan it when it was put into the P.O. Box itself, so it got stuck on that status, but told me USCIS had picked up their mail and mine was there and I just had to hope she was telling the truth and it hadn't been lost.

Last night, April 19th at 10.30pm to my surprise, I received 3 text messages and 3 emails, informing me they'd accepted my 3 forms (I-130, I-485 and I-765) and upon checking the bank account, they'd also cashed the checks.
                          Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
                          4-12: Arrived in Chicago
                          4-14: Picked up by USCIS
                          4-19: Email & text notifications received
                          4-23: I-797 Receipts received
                          4-27: Biometrics notice received
                          5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
                          5-11: Biometrics completed
                          6-04: Interview scheduled
                          6-09: Received interview letter
                          7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
                          7-13: Card was Mailed
                          7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

I've sent a package with my AOS documents to the USCIS PO Box in Chicago on Monday but I realized just a few hours later that my husband made a mistake in the I-864 (Current Annual Income Question). Because we didn't want to have an RFE, we placed an Intercept on the package the same day, to have it returned to us.

My package arrived at the destination Post Office in Chicago yesterday at 7:30am, but since then hasn't made any progress and still says "In-transit". I've tried to call the PO but the lady I got on the phone wasn't able to help me and just said she will remind the Supervisor that my package needs to be returned to the sender. Is it actually going to happen? I'm kind of worried that my package is just going to be ignored and never returned to me nor ready for Pickup for the USCIS....

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoQueen View Post
                              I've sent a package with my AOS documents to the USCIS PO Box in Chicago on Monday but I realized just a few hours later that my husband made a mistake in the I-864 (Current Annual Income Question). Because we didn't want to have an RFE, we placed an Intercept on the package the same day, to have it returned to us.

My package arrived at the destination Post Office in Chicago yesterday at 7:30am, but since then hasn't made any progress and still says "In-transit". I've tried to call the PO but the lady I got on the phone wasn't able to help me and just said she will remind the Supervisor that my package needs to be returned to the sender. Is it actually going to happen? I'm kind of worried that my package is just going to be ignored and never returned to me nor ready for Pickup for the USCIS....

Thanks!!
                              I am in the same situation right now. I intercepted my package to return to me. It was intercepted yesterday 8/09. I used priority mail. I did that because I filled out my forms and left spaces blank (the spaces that did not apply to me or for eg my mom middle name because she does not have 1).

how long did it take to get back your package?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X