Re-entry permit ! I'm so confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry permit ! I'm so confused...

Some people tell me that i do not need a re-entry permit since i am travelling for less than one year. Others say that I must have one to reenter the U.S. I am really confused about whether i should buy one or one. I am going to travel out of the U.S. for about 1 and a half month. Could anyone who is an expert in this tell me whether i should buy reentry permit or not? I really appreciate your help and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Phu

Originally posted by trieukienphu
    Some people tell me that i do not need a re-entry permit since i am travelling for less than one year. Others say that I must have one to reenter the U.S. I am really confused about whether i should buy one or one. I am going to travel out of the U.S. for about 1 and a half month. Could anyone who is an expert in this tell me whether i should buy reentry permit or not? I really appreciate your help and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Phu

For one nad a half month you dont need it.............u need it for longer absences....6 months to a year

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I hope i could count on you Have a great day

Comment

Read http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/reentry-permit.html
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes, it seems correct, but people say that the new law will possibly be passed this January 2007, that everyone including non-US citizens and US citizens must have the reentry permit (no matter how long they leave the US) in order to come back to the U.S. They even had it on newspapers (Vietnamese newspapers though). I wonder what new law they are talking about. I already bought the flight ticket for $927 and was confused whether i should go or not

Sincerely,
          Trieukienphu

Comment

I have never heard about any such law.

Most of the times, non English newspaper reports translate it incorrectly, or publish incorrect and misleading news because they themselves are not sure what they are talking about.

The new rule that I know is that from 2007, US citizens would need passports to travel to Caribean islands and other places where they didn't need it before.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X