Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! I don't even know where to start!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! I don't even know where to start!!

My fiance and I plan on marrying sometime within the next few months and I don't even know where to begin..he has been here for 5 years, although he let his visitor's visa expire after one year. How do we go about getting some sort of legal status for him once we are married and how long does it take? Does he have to go back to his country at after we are married? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Originally posted by salsachica78
    My fiance and I plan on marrying sometime within the next few months and I don't even know where to begin..he has been here for 5 years, although he let his visitor's visa expire after one year. How do we go about getting some sort of legal status for him once we are married and how long does it take? Does he have to go back to his country at after we are married? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    I assume youre a United States Citizen..............you file form I-130, I-485, I-765 ( for work authorization) form G-325 A ( 2 copies each for both you and him) and pay the appropriate fees...........go to USCIS.gov and look up each form and youll s ee the fees and remmeber to attach photos.......
    he needs also a Foprm I-864 and I-693 ( medcial).the only thing though is atht each form has avalidity of only one year so if the interview is afte r ayear he would ahve to do the medical again and pay ( and its not cheap!) so i would wait and do them later....
    The entire process , barring any unforeseen circumsatnces, takes anywhere from 6 months to ayear.........the work auhtorization takes around 2 months from date of filing.
    You attach a copy of the marraige certificate, proof of your citizenship, his birth certificate, copy of his passport and visa ( expired) and proof of your relationship prior and afte rthe marraige
    Hope that helps.......it sound scomplicated but it really isnt and one cyou file if they require nayhting, they will ask for it............and No, he doenst ahve to leave, his satus becomes legal when you file ( make copie sof everyhting and send by certifiied mail always!)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X