Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Company in 6th year

Hello,
    I came to US in May 2001 through company A.
    Changed to company B in July 2006. Company B filed labor application before 365 days of expiration of H1B.Labor is approved in july 2006. I-140 filed in sep 2006.
    I have around 10 weeks of vacation time in between.

Question (1) what exactly is the rule about filing labor before 365 days of expiry of H1 B?

Question (2) Company C made an offer to do the H1 transfer immediately, seek extension for the time I was out of the country,File PERM and I-14O premium. My doubt is that i will be with in 365 days while doing all of above. Please clarify the risks ?

Question (3) Company C is ready to wait for approval of I-140.Attorney of company C says that on approval of I-140 from Company B, Company C can get H1 for 3 years. My friends tell me that it is not advisable since I-140 is in company's name and H1 transfer may not be valid.

Question (4) In light of 2 and 3 above , Please help me list the risks of each approach.

I am currently working for Company C on behalf of company B and company C is eager to get me onboard. I am in a difficult situation as I need to handle this carefully.

What are my options?

Please help.
    Thanks

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-ext...-years-in-usa/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It is useful information, however it does not have anything from changing job in 6th year perspective.

Comment

Read /employment-based-greencard/sponsoring-employer.html
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X