help! about petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! about petition

hi! i need help regarding petitioning my mom and my sister.

Here's my situation:

I was born here in the US however I grew up in another country, recently I came back and I am starting to build my life here. I am currently living with some friends and already got the necessary identifications such driver's license and cali ID. From what I've learned, I need to provide evidences that I could support my mom once I petition her (own house, stable job etc). My problem right now is, do I need to establish at least a one year residency here in the States? What are the other requirements I must do/file/accomplish? And by the way, my sister will be turning 21 in 2008. I would highly appreciate a response. Thank you!

cmc

Originally posted by cmc85
    hi! i need help regarding petitioning my mom and my sister.

Here's my situation:

I was born here in the US however I grew up in another country, recently I came back and I am starting to build my life here. I am currently living with some friends and already got the necessary identifications such driver's license and cali ID. From what I've learned, I need to provide evidences that I could support my mom once I petition her (own house, stable job etc). My problem right now is, do I need to establish at least a one year residency here in the States? What are the other requirements I must do/file/accomplish? And by the way, my sister will be turning 21 in 2008. I would highly appreciate a response. Thank you!

cmc

You dont need a house to show ability to support her. having those help in proving that you cna, but theyre not required. You will need incom etax returns though so you will have to use a co sponsor to sign the affidavits of support. You need to file now if your sister is going to turn 21 next year. I hav eneevr heard of the one year residency requiremnt.

Comment

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X