Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

i-130 for my wife and unborned child

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i-130 for my wife and unborned child

    Hi all,

    I have file i-130 to get my wife to the US. However, she is expected to give birth soon before coming over. In that case, what should i do to add our child to paper work process, so they can come to US together.

    thank you very much for your assistance,

  • #2
    You can't add the child's name until it is born.

    If your wife delivers before she gets immigrant visa, she can your child's name in DS-230 forms.

    If she delivers after she gets immigrant visa, but before coming to US, she can just get the child's passport and travel to USA. Child will get green card upon arrival in the US, at the airport.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.