Agencies that lie to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agencies that lie to us

I need your help. I am appealing to anyone who can help my wife and me in our immigration case. I am trying to legally bring my Chinese wife into the United States and have faced countless delays from US Immigration Services. Now I am caught between two government agencies, both of which tells me the other is lying to me, and I don’t know how to resolve the problem. I am trying to bring as much publicity and pressure on them as I can, hoping to force them to do their jobs. I am just an ordinary guy with no political connections looking for anyone who might take an interest to help a fellow American. Are there websites, resources, people who can help us?

In 2005, my wife and I first met while I was living and working in China. We dated over the next year and married on March 14, 2007. My company repatriated me to the United States July 14, 2007, just four into our marriage. On August 15, 2007 I received an approval notice from the California office for Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). That approval notice said our file was being sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire. I was quite excited since we had filed our petition three months earlier and this was the first step of progress we had achieved. Unfortunately, today, we are still waiting for our petition to be received at NVC. As of this date, it has been over 104 days since our initial approval.

When I inquire at NVC about our file, they say they don’t have the paperwork. I tell them that CIS has approved us and CIS has sent our file to NVC. NVC customer service agents and supervisors tell me that CIS people are lying to me. NVC people tell me that CIS loses files all the time, sends files to the wrong offices all the time. When I call and talk to CIS customer service agents and immigration officers, they tell me they don’t have our file; that our file is at NVC. I tell them NVC doesn’t have our file and CIS tells me NVC people are lying to me.

I have appealed to Congressman Regula’s office and they are trying to assist me but I am anxious to bring any resources to bear on this. My wife and I think we are only 25% of the way through the process which started on April 19th when we mailed our first files. We dared hope that we might be together in February 2008, but not it seems more likely we won’t be together May or June 2008. It has been a very long time for us and I miss her so very much.

Can you help me?

Attorney and Senator

You need a high profile attorney and contact your state's Senator. The representative may not be able to help you much. Senators are usually more helpful and have the resources to do so too.

You can also approach your state's Governor.

Good luck to you.

PS: Do note that faxes work best and fastest. E-mails or letters do not.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X