Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

filing for H-1B & PERM-GC MYSELF (no attorney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filing for H-1B & PERM-GC MYSELF (no attorney)

I am thinking of filing for H-1B & PERM-GC MYSELF, and of helping my employer with those documents he is suposed to submit himself.

Has anyone any experience with &/or opinion about doing this?
    Is it going to be a nightmare?
    Am I likely to make mistakes that will make my application be rejected?
    Any input on these $50 DO-IT-YOURSELF kits?

Has anyone ever been successful at doing so without hiring an attorney?

Filing H1B on your own is not that difficult. It's pretty straightforward and works fine. Many companies nowadays file the H1B on their own without a lawyer's help.

However, filing GC under employment based category is difficult and tricky. There have been many cases where even the attorneys made mistakes and screwed up between part A and B where the candidate himself/herself was not eligible for the job posted!

You need to get a very good attorney for the GC and you need to triple check each and every document filled in.

Good luck.

Comment

Why pay for do-yourself immigration kits when so much information on immihelp is available for free?
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks knowledgeable & immihelp
        I guess I will do the H-1B myself and hire an atorney for the PERM-GC

I would like to do as much of the papework myself so that my employer needs to do the least amount necessary (maybe just sign it )

any ideas on how I get started?

Comment

H1b

IMMIHELP has full details on how and where to start H1B.

Read: https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-requirements/

If after reading this information, you're unable to get the idea, then my friend, I am sorry to say but this is not your cup of tea or piece of cake for that matter.

In the latter case, it may be the best for you to consult an attorney.

Good luck.

PS: IMMIHELP also has excellent details on GC, read all of this BEFORE you consult your attorney, that way you're fully prepared: http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X