can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help?

In July 2000 I married an American Citizen and was designated a lawful permanent resident alien. I permanently resided in the US for a period of 5 years whilst waiting for the conditions to be removed from my status following the filing of a I-751 "petition to remove conditional status." In January 2005 my wife and I seperated and I returned to my Country of origin, the UK. Following my return my wife received a notification for us to attend a Green Card interview for the removal of my conditional status which she ignored. Subsequently she then received a letter stating that we had missed our interview and I had 30 days to appeal. following a lack of appeal she then received a letter stating I had 30 days to leave the Country. All of this she chose not to inform me about.
    We had 2 children together and I am now keen to return to the US to live and work so I can be near to my children. We are currently still married however I was informed by INS that I would have to start the entire process over again if I wished to return under the same conditions as previously. Obviously this is not possible as my wife and I are about to begin divorce proceedings.
    Are you able to let me know what my options are? I know I can apply for an H-1B visa but is there any other way I can get back to the US? Am I able to appeal to have my status reintroduced? I am desperate to return but am lost in the maze that is immigration.
    I do hope you can help and I look forward to your reply
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

You will not be able to get immigration benefits because of your wife or because of your children.

You will have to start all over again as if you never had any immigration status, getting H1 etc, marrying to another US citizen, getting student visa etc.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X