Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misc. threat

Hi,
    I filed my taxes through this small desi agency this year. They had clearly mentioned in their advertisement email that the charges(in check) could be paid after the customer receives their refund.
    I had received my returns around 25th. I had certain qns abt the payment and asked them the same a week back after numerous calls where nobody would answer. As a matter of fact I have already mailed the check. I received an email from them that reads below where they threaten to remove funds from my account.
    I know it is crap....but i feel offended after reading their email....what can i do as in legally?
    I want to stop the payment and take this issue to court..
    they have sent some junk pdf document abt some legal names and cases which does'nt have my name as well. Also,I had no intentions of skipping their payment.....

In USA people pay for service first and we gave you 14 days to pay and it has been more than a month although we send a txt msg reminding you, it is your responsibility to pay.
    we are sorry it had to come to this

you have abused this privilege and it is better we show you the American way by taking you to court. THIS IS NOT A JOKE

This is a civil small claims lawsuit filed against you for non-payment. PLEASE BRING YOUR LAWYER IF YOU NEED ONE.
    If you do not appear a warrant for your arrest will be issued and your visa will be revoked.

Please show up in Court Docket 1 at 9.00am May 20, 2010.

Address is
    City of Arlington Civil Small Claims Court
    1000 West Abram St
    Arlington, TX 76010
    A COPY OF THIS IS BEING SENT TO YOUR HR DEPT AND TO THE INS OFFICE SO THEY CAN SHIP YOU BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND WILL BE IN YOUR PERMANENT FILE.

1. A negative report to the Credit Bureaus showing your account as a bad debt which will remain on your file upto seven years

2. A lawsuit filed against you , plus attorney fees, court cost and filing fees will be applied.

If PAYMENT IS RECEIVED BEFORE MAY 20, 2010 YOU DON’T NEED TO SHOW

Note: this is USA the post office puts a date when you mail it and it takes only 4 days to get here

WE WILL ALSO WITHDRAW $1000 FROM YOU BANK ACCOUNT ANYTIME FOR NON-PAYEMNT

IF YOU HAVE PAID DISREGARD THIS AND SEND A COPY OF THE CHECK.
    Last edited by pharish1978; 05-17-2010, 10:13 PM.

If you a case has been filed against you in the small claims court, a constable will come to your place and serve you the summons to appear in court. If that does not happen, you don't have to worry about it. It must be a **** threat to scare you. However, for your safety, check with the local small claims court if anyone has filed any claim against you.

I know you feel irrirated by such behavior. However, it would be best to just make the payment and forget about it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      If you a case has been filed against you in the small claims court, a constable will come to your place and serve you the summons to appear in court. If that does not happen, you don't have to worry about it. It must be a **** threat to scare you. However, for your safety, check with the local small claims court if anyone has filed any claim against you.

I know you feel irrirated by such behavior. However, it would be best to just make the payment and forget about it.
      Thanks immihelp...

I know for sure like you mentioned that this is just a **** threat to make me up. The grammar of the mail reflects it.
      Also my check would have got to him by now. Its just that the language used as in "we will ship you to your country" pissed me off...haha

Anyways, Thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X