Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mothers Maiden Name in Birth Certificate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mothers Maiden Name in Birth Certificate

    Hi,

    My kid is born in US in the state of Missouri.
    In my kids Birth Certificate the mothers maiden name means the Last name before marriage or the Last name after marriage.

    Appreciate ur help...

  • #2
    Name before marriage.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mothers maiden Name in Birth Cerificate

      Thanks for ur reply immihelp.

      I got my kids Birth Certificate with my last name before the marriage.

      But now the present legal name (including Green Card and all other documents in US) are with last name after marriage.

      Should i change the birth certificate of my kid to last name after marriage or be with last name before marriage....will there be any problem for my kid in future.

      Comment


      • #4
        Lets say your Husbands last name was Doe

        1. John Doe - Husband.
        2. Jane Doe - Wife
        3. Jack Doe - Son
        4. Jill Doe - Daughter.

        The convention is that everyone in the family will have the same last name. Everyone will retain the last name and the ony person who's last name ewill change is when your daughter gets marries she will take on her husband's last name i.e. Family name.

        This is what is common however there are many exceptions to this as people choose.

        Comment


        • #5
          In the U.S., the kids birth certificate should have mother's last name BEFORE marriage.

          The reason for that: The name before marriage is the only constant name that is not going to change. Here, people get married and get divorced at any time. Even so many people give birth to kids without marriage. Therefore, there is no point in having the custom of putting the last name after marriage, because the question is after which marriage, is there even a marriage?
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

          Visa and Greencard Tracker

          Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

          Comment


          • #6
            Same issue

            Hi,

            I have the same issue. Did you find the solution for this? Am I need to apply for my name change of my Kid's birth Certificate?

            Thanks

            Originally posted by krinker View Post
            Thanks for ur reply immihelp.

            I got my kids Birth Certificate with my last name before the marriage.

            But now the present legal name (including Green Card and all other documents in US) are with last name after marriage.

            Should i change the birth certificate of my kid to last name after marriage or be with last name before marriage....will there be any problem for my kid in future.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mothers maiden name issue. Does court order work ?

              Folks I have a problem with my baby's Birth certificate.

              Mothers maiden name : AA BB CC
              Mothers name after marriage : AA YY ZZ

              Mothers name on baby's BC : AA YY CC .. Rather it should have been AA BB CC.

              Here in US people only think that if you revert the last name to before marriage you get the full name of mother before marriage. But that is not true for most of Indians. In India wife's middle name also changes after marriage (BB --> YY).

              1) Does anyone have this issue ?
              2) Do you think that this combination (AA YY ZZ) is going to create problem ?
              3) Mother doesnt have a complete BC and so the vitals wont accept it. We do have passport before marriage but that is expired and so they wont take that either. We do have an affidavit for the mother (by her parents), and even that didn't work with the vitals office. So stupid people. Even immigration guys accept the affidavit.
              The only option is to get a court order. Has anyone gone this route ?

              How easy it is to get a successful court order given we have the affidavit for mothers maiden name, so that we can change it on baby's passport.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Medisetti View Post
                Hi,

                I have the same issue. Did you find the solution for this? Am I need to apply for my name change of my Kid's birth Certificate?

                Thanks
                I finally was able to get the mothers name changed to the full maiden name as before marriage on my baby's BC. I am glad I did that. It looks correct now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How did you got mothers maiden name corrected ?

                  I am too stuck up at the same place.
                  Can you please share your experience ?

                  a. Can you please share the information (the process) how you were able to do that.
                  b. Please also mention the required documents you submitted for that.
                  c. Can we have Mothers current name as the Mothers name in the childs birth certificate ?

                  Thanks in advance.

                  Originally posted by infotalk View Post
                  I finally was able to get the mothers name changed to the full maiden name as before marriage on my baby's BC. I am glad I did that. It looks correct now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Help Needed

                    Just caught up in the same situation.

                    I need urgent help regarding this.
                    Can you let me know what did you eventually do ?

                    Is it fine to have different names (maiden name in child birth certificate while you have new name in your passport and other US Id's ) ? Or
                    Is it advisable to have Mothers post marriage name (new name) in the birth certificate ?? (specially when the passport and marriage certificate is with the new name and there is no proof of maiden name apart from 12th class certificate of other country [don't know if it is a valid proof in US] and I too don't have birth certificate. ..

                    If you can guide me it will be very great.

                    Thanks in advance.

                    Originally posted by krinker View Post
                    Thanks for ur reply immihelp.

                    I got my kids Birth Certificate with my last name before the marriage.

                    But now the present legal name (including Green Card and all other documents in US) are with last name after marriage.

                    Should i change the birth certificate of my kid to last name after marriage or be with last name before marriage....will there be any problem for my kid in future.
                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Just caught up in the same situation.

                    I need urgent help regarding this.
                    Can you let me know what did you eventually do ?

                    Is it fine to have different names (maiden name in child birth certificate while you have new name in your passport and other US Id's ) ? Or
                    Is it advisable to have Mothers post marriage name (new name) in the birth certificate ?? (specially when the passport and marriage certificate is with the new name and there is no proof of maiden name apart from 12th class certificate of other country [don't know if it is a valid proof in US] and I too don't have birth certificate. ..

                    If you can guide me it will be very great.

                    Thanks in advance.

                    Originally posted by Medisetti View Post
                    Hi,

                    I have the same issue. Did you find the solution for this? Am I need to apply for my name change of my Kid's birth Certificate?

                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can I keep the BC with mother's after marriage name ?

                      Hi,

                      Will it be an issue if my kid's birth certificate has mother's after marriage last name ? considering her Indian passport and all US IDs have after marriage last name.

                      Would greatly appreciate some advice/guidance! Accordingly, I plan to make a move to change the mother's name on my kid's birth certificate back to maiden name.


                      Cheers!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the same problem please help and guide how did you do it.

                        Dear Friends,

                        I have the same problem, can someone please help me. Help department asked me to bring letter from supreme court inorder to change / correct mother's maiden name.
                        I saw someone was able to correct it. Please help and guide how did you do it.
                        Originally posted by kawaljeet View Post
                        I am too stuck up at the same place.
                        Can you please share your experience ?

                        a. Can you please share the information (the process) how you were able to do that.
                        b. Please also mention the required documents you submitted for that.
                        c. Can we have Mothers current name as the Mothers name in the childs birth certificate ?

                        Thanks in advance.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          MOther's maiden name on BC

                          Hi Friends,

                          I have the same issue and need to correct mother's maiden name on BC. Can some one please help. I saw a post that someone was able to correct name on BC. In my case health department asked me to bring letter from supreme court in order to correct the name.
                          Please Please help.

                          Thanks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by infotalk View Post
                            Folks I have a problem with my baby's Birth certificate.

                            Mothers maiden name : AA BB CC
                            Mothers name after marriage : AA YY ZZ

                            Mothers name on baby's BC : AA YY CC .. Rather it should have been AA BB CC.

                            Here in US people only think that if you revert the last name to before marriage you get the full name of mother before marriage. But that is not true for most of Indians. In India wife's middle name also changes after marriage (BB --> YY).

                            1) Does anyone have this issue ?
                            2) Do you think that this combination (AA YY ZZ) is going to create problem ?
                            3) Mother doesnt have a complete BC and so the vitals wont accept it. We do have passport before marriage but that is expired and so they wont take that either. We do have an affidavit for the mother (by her parents), and even that didn't work with the vitals office. So stupid people. Even immigration guys accept the affidavit.
                            The only option is to get a court order. Has anyone gone this route ?

                            How easy it is to get a successful court order given we have the affidavit for mothers maiden name, so that we can change it on baby's passport.
                            Hi @infotalk, Could you please help me out with the process. I need to know what do we need to enter in Mothers "MIDDLE" name field? Mothers Middle Name before marriage or Mothers Middle Name after marriage.?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              clarification on Last Name

                              Dear Sir/Madam,

                              I have my second daughter born in USA. I am going to apply US passport to her & then OCI Card. I & my wife are in US visa. I like to get clarification on my wife's last name to be mentioned in OCI application while applying for my daughter's OCI card.

                              My wife name before marriage: PP QQ (her father's first name as her last name)

                              My wife name after marriage: PP RR (my first name as her last name)

                              My wife name in her passport: PP RR (since passport taken after marriage)

                              My wife name in my daughter's US Birth Certificate: PP QQ (as in US, they mention Mother's Maiden name- the name before marriage in child's birth certificate).

                              My wife name in my daughter's US passport (yet to apply): PP QQ (as in US passport application, we have to mention the last name at the time of parent's birth).

                              What name should I fill for my wife in OCI card application for my new born daughter in US ? "PP RR" or "PP QQ" ?

                              Could you please clarify ?

                              Thank You.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X