Newbie here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here.

Hi everybody. My name is Christy 36 years old and living in Windhoek, Namibia.
    I am planning on participating in this years' Green Card Lottery that started on the 5th of this month(October)
    The problem however is that I cant find no photographer locally that can take a picture according the specifications/requirements of the DV Lottery Program. I was hoping if somebody on here could help me with this. I would like to e-mail the picture to somebody who could possibly change it for me to the required specifications.

P.S. I am aware of the online companies that can help, but one never knows who the crooks are. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Christy

Originally posted by Sweetmusicman View Post
    Hi everybody. My name is Christy 36 years old and living in Windhoek, Namibia.
    I am planning on participating in this years' Green Card Lottery that started on the 5th of this month(October)
    The problem however is that I cant find no photographer locally that can take a picture according the specifications/requirements of the DV Lottery Program. I was hoping if somebody on here could help me with this. I would like to e-mail the picture to somebody who could possibly change it for me to the required specifications.

P.S. I am aware of the online companies that can help, but one never knows who the crooks are. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Christy
    What size are they asking for? Do you have a computer and printer? I am sure you will be able to do it yourself.
    Last resort, nothing happens, I am here in US and will try to get it for you. Please try not to give out your personal information over the net, you never know who is watching/reading...........
    God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by daru786 View Post
      What size are they asking for? Do you have a computer and printer? I am sure you will be able to do it yourself.
      Last resort, nothing happens, I am here in US and will try to get it for you. Please try not to give out your personal information over the net, you never know who is watching/reading...........
      God Bless
      Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the specifications for the photo as required by the DV Green Card Lottery:

TECHNICAL PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS
      Taking a New Digital Image. If a new digital image is taken, it must meet the following specifications:

1. Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.

2. Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).

3. Image Resolution: Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height). Image pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width).

4. Image Color Depth: 24-bit color

REQUIREMENT OF TAKING OF PHOTO

Head Position
      - Person being photographed must directly face the camera.
      - Head of the person should not be tilted up, down, or to the side.
      - Head of the person should cover about 50% of the area of the photo.
      Background
      - Person being photographed should be in front of a neutral, light-
      colored background.
      - Dark or patterned backgrounds are not acceptable.
      Focus
      - Photo must be in focus.

P.S. Yes, I have a computer at work.

Comment

wow, that's way too complicated. I really don't know what to say.

Comment

@ sweetmusicman

I have friends who just did it last week end. They asked photographer to take a photo of themeselves for U.S visa and that worked. They were able to do the application in full and received confrmation. Since the U.S visitors visas are now done on line and it is basically the same proceedure I felt photo will work and it certainly did. They are all basically students and I assisted them with the application. Try that and let us know. If you can, try to avoid going thru any of these companies and use lawyers only when necessary. Cheers !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X