Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change in SSN card - Both first and last names

Hello Everyone!

After our marriage, as per custom followed in certain regions of Maharashtra, my wife has changed her First Name and Last Name. In Passport and VISA also we do have her new name and the Marriage certificate has her Maiden Name.

My wife is currently in US with me on L2-VISA but her SSN is still with her Maiden Name. I've been to Social Security Office to get the name changed to the new name but was told that they can change only the Last Name. To change the First Name I should go through court.

Why to chagne name in SSN card? - To apply for work permit (EAD), State ID and Driver's License

So, I would like to hear Immihelp's and experienced members' advice on this. Kindly let me know if this name is actually required or can I still apply for all the above-mentioned without chaging the name. If this name change is a must, what is the legal process?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort!

Also please let me know if any additional information I can provide to add more clarity.

Kathir

Renewal Passport with change last name but could not renew driver license.

Hi

I have also the same problem but the thing is I renewed my passport with my married name . I went to Secretary of State office for my renew license they could not find my name in their records.
    They said I have to go Immigration Office to update my records. I am on H4 visa.

Anybody advice me should I go Immigration office Or
    how they will help me out.

Tithi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X