Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't apply for SSN card, DHS name dont match Green Card name

Hi everyone,
    I couldnt get my social security card because the name on the DHS files is my name before marriage but on my green card it is my married name.
    I cant have nobody on the phone. Have you been in the same situation and how could you male the name change at the DHS?
    Help!

Originally posted by Enyah View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I couldnt get my social security card because the name on the DHS files is my name before marriage but on my green card it is my married name.
    I cant have nobody on the phone. Have you been in the same situation and how could you male the name change at the DHS?
    Help!
    So Ive called again and the DHS transfered my call to the USCIS. On the automatic menu there was no options that was linked to my problem so I chose to type 3 for the change of address.
    The operator told me that to change my name I will have to send a form I-90 and pay 450$. Just to cha,ge my name. I have already paid a lot in the process of having the green card so I wont pay another 450$ when I know I have put my married name on my papers. That is why on my green card it is my married name.
    So I dont know if he understood that the change had to be made in the DHS files because I dont see why I would have to fill up a I-90.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X