Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Query regarding Income Tax return filling

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Query regarding Income Tax return filling


    On 10th Feb, 2015 , I came to US on L1 B visa and my wife (as dependent) entered US on L2 visa on 11th March, 2015. My wife isn't working and she doesn't have SSN or ITIN.
    Then my visa got expired and I applied for extension which got denied and we had to returned back to my home country and my US payroll was ended on 30th June 2015. Then I recently returned to US on new L1 B visa on 30th Nov, 2015 without my wife, she will come later. Kindly help me to answer below queries:

    A) Should I file tax return as Single or Joint?
    B) Should I wait for my wife to come to US next year then I will apply for her SSN and file tax return?
    C) As a moving expenses, I paid my Apartment Lease breakage charges, Can I show it during filing tax return?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    1. Joint
    2 & 3 talk to your CPA and get proper advice.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.