Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SS Card now that I have Temporary Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SS Card now that I have Temporary Green Card?

Hi all. I received my 2 year green card in the mail today from Marriage based AOS. I previously was an F1 student and currently have a Social that says "valid for work only with DHS authorization". I have 2 questions.

1. Should I now apply for a new SS card or will the restriction still be listed?

2. When completing I-9 for employment verification, should I select option 3 (in blue in the image) or 4 (red in the image)? I'm leaning towards option 3 as I'm no longer considered an alien but not 100% sure.

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Originally posted by slic View Post
    Hi all. I received my 2 year green card in the mail today from Marriage based AOS. I previously was an F1 student and currently have a Social that says "valid for work only with DHS authorization". I have 2 questions.

1. Should I now apply for a new SS card or will the restriction still be listed?
    Yes, you should update it, and you will get a new SS card without the restriction text, although the only difference is that an SS card without the restriction text can be used as a List C document, so combined with a driver's license (List B), you can fill out I-9 without presenting a green card. Regardless of whether you get an updated SS card, you can use your green card (a List A document) for I-9.

Originally posted by slic View Post
    2. When completing I-9 for employment verification, should I select option 3 (in blue in the image) or 4 (red in the image)? I'm leaning towards option 3 as I'm no longer considered an alien but not 100% sure.
    You are a permanent resident and must select #3.
    Last edited by newacct; 04-24-2018, 05:21 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought but was not entirely certain. Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X