ITIN Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN Renewal

My wife's ITIN expired on 31st Dec 2018. I am about to file W7. This is my scenario.
    Stamped visa in the passport has already expired in 2016. My H1B expired in Jan 2019 and got the receipt for the H1B extension.
    What Documents do I need to provide other than Passport?
    Looking forward for the feedback

Are you sure the ITIN expired? They changed the rule for expiration, even if you got an ITIN and the form said that it will expire in 5 years, if you have used it for Tax returns, it will not expire, see: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/itin-expiration-faqs

Q1: Which ITINs will expire?
    A1: ITINs that have not been used on a tax return for Tax Year 2015, Tax Year 2016 or Tax Year 2017 will expire December 31, 2018. Additionally, ITINs with middle digits of 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81 or 82 (e.g. 9NN-73-NNNN) will also expire at the end of the year.

Q2: Which ITINs will NOT expire?
    A2: Any ITIN that does not have a middle digit of 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81 or 82 and was used on a tax return for Tax Year 2015, Tax Year 2016 or Tax Year 2017 will not expire.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X