Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I claim girlfriends children as dependents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I claim girlfriends children as dependents?

My girlfriend lives with me. We have lived together for three years. she has two children. neither are mine. Her daughter's father is not around. her son's father pays child support , but it is only $100.00 a month. She doesn't work,she stays home with the kids. I financially support her and the children. Can I claim them as dependents?

If you married her (proof required for tax purpose) then you can claim as dependends.

Originally posted by Bigun715
    My girlfriend lives with me. We have lived together for three years. she has two children. neither are mine. Her daughter's father is not around. her son's father pays child support , but it is only $100.00 a month. She doesn't work,she stays home with the kids. I financially support her and the children. Can I claim them as dependents?

Comment

With the information you have given you are certainly 100% able to claim both kids AND the girlfriend as dependants. They meet the required dependancy tests. Enjoy your $10,200 in extra deductions. However, they do not qualify for the earned income credit or the child credit. You would have to marry her to earn those.

Comment

People want to claim all the possible benefits yet don't want to commit to marriage.

Why do you think the institution of marriage was created in this world in the first place? What is really the meaning of marriage?

Why don't you just get married?
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X