Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 state tax return

Hi,
    I have earned income in other state A [there is no state tax] and I have lived in a state B for the entire year. My w2 shows the income that I have earned from state A.

does state B accepts W2 from state A ? will they accept my payment or they reject since w2 shows only state A.

I know I am liable for state B and I can file state return as a full time resident in state b.

I need your help. pls advice

thanks

W2s are not for each state. You have to use it based on your residency rules. You may want to claim a non-resident state filing for A, claim everything refunded, pay the needed tax for state B.

Talk to your CPA if you are unsure. Your employer should pay and deduct taxes for the state you work in and not for the state they are based in and do business from. Many don't as they dont want to get EIN for every state they place their consultants in and put the burden on the employees.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you txh1b

I have consulted a CTP and I have paid the taxes for the state B that I resided for the entire year. Its possible and state B accepted.

Regards
      Krishna.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X