X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Information

Dear Sirs,

Good day,

I am a USA green card holder (with Indian passport) and residing in Florida since 2007.
    I have been paying by federal taxes in USA since then. I am also filing my tax returns in India, and income (bank interest) being lower than the taxable limits and being a Non resident Indian, I don't have to pay any taxes. But I do file my taxes every year in India.

Now my tax consultant in Florida says that I will have to declare the bank interest earned in India and also pay federal taxes for same as under world citizen clause. My concern is that I have filed my taxes (though didn't have to pay any tax) in India, is it required that I pay federal taxes on the same Indian bank interest.
    Please advice accordingly.

Best regards
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

He is right. You will have to add that income to your US income and pay taxes on that here.

If you had paid taxes on that income in India, you would get the credit for the same while filing US income tax return. However, you didn't pay any tax on that. So, you pay here. That is included in one of the responsibilities of the US green card holder.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X