Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Benefits for L2 dependents

Hello All,

I am on L1 visa and my spouse and kid got their L2 visas and i am planning to bring them to US soon. My question is if i can't bring them here before this december, can i be able to claim tax benefits of dependents while tax returns.

Do they need to visit US and have SSN to claim for their tax benefits? Please let me know if there is any way to claim tax benefits with their L2 visas.

Thanks.

Please reply

Hello All,

Can someone please reply on queries?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ask a CPA. You need ITIN or SSN to claim tax benefits and they need not live with you in the US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Please help

Hello All,

My Family is still in India and they will enter US by mid march for the first time.

As they were not here in US for last year, one of the tax consultants told i am still eligible for dependents' tax claim and i need to apply for their ITINs.

However the other tax consultant whom i talked today upon my friend's advice told that as they didnt enter US till date, I am not eligible for dependents' tax claim. And i need to fill out their entry date to US in W7 form (for ITINs) and i may get the rejection.

I am confused now. Can anyone please let me know if i am actually eligible for dependents' tax cliam in this situation.

Thanks in advance,
        Cool.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X