Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certified Indian passport copy for ITIN (How to get it ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gurunathp View Post
    Hi, If your ITIN process completed successfully, please post an update to this thread. My wife in India is in the process of certifying from passport office in Hyderabad. If everything goes fine, I will be submitting the application some time end of the March. Just to want to know a head if there are any hick-ups again.

Thank you.
    Hi,

Just want to inform that today i got my State Tax return check. So, i guess they accepted the certified copy of my wife's passport. Its a biggggg relieeeeeef for me

I think by next week i should receive my Federal tax returns as well as my wife's ITIN.

All the best friends
    Thanks,

Comment

if apostille passport in India. Which are the pages of passport needs to apostille? All the pages or first and last page? Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by bn69531 View Post
        if apostille passport in India. Which are the pages of passport needs to apostille? All the pages or first and last page? Please let me know.
        My dependents were here one time. I definitely know that first and last pages as well as all non-empty pages for them.

If dependents were here earlier years, I'm not sure whether pages related to old trips are required.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dnmech View Post
        Hi,

Just want to inform that today i got my State Tax return check. So, i guess they accepted the certified copy of my wife's passport. Its a biggggg relieeeeeef for me

I think by next week i should receive my Federal tax returns as well as my wife's ITIN.

All the best friends
        Thanks,
        Congratulations. I'm happy for you. So it took around 3 weeks in your case. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Xeroxed pages

Originally posted by bn69531 View Post

You have to give the xerox copy of first page and last page of the passport. The embassy will put the appostile sticker on the back side of the first xeroxed page of the passport. But when you send that to IRS, attach the xerox page of VISA page as well. I did like that.

Hope it helps,

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by dnmech View Post
            Hi,

All the best friends
            Thanks,
            Hi,
            Just would like to know whether you got fed returns or ITIN for your dependents.

Thank you.

Comment

Is it mandatory to appear in person at MEA office in Hyderabad Secretariat?

... in AP, there is an MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) office in Secretariat. They charge Rs. 50 worth Postal Order for each application attested. They asked for 5 sets of photo copies - appears their process. They took two days to return the certified copies.

I suggest to speak with or drop an e-mail with your regional passport office before physically going, especially if your dependents are not in city.

All the best.
              Thanks for the information. Do you know if it is mandatory for the applicant to be physically present at MEA office in Hyderabad Secretariat?

Comment

Originally posted by opraveen View Post
                Thanks for the information. Do you know if it is mandatory for the applicant to be physically present at MEA office in Hyderabad Secretariat?
                Yes personal appearance is required. But there is an exception for Kids.

Comment

Using other forms of identity cards instead of passport

Yes personal appearance is required. But there is an exception for Kids.
                  Thanks.

Referring to W7 instructions, it looks like one can produce two original copies (from a list of options, eg: birth certificate, driver license etc) to prove identity in place of passport. Has anyone tried this route?

Comment

how did you get the signature

Hi guys
                    How did you get the signature. Did you send the return docs to India to get wife's signature?
                    Is there any alternative? It is taking minimum 2 days for the doc to come and it costs 2500 INR.
                    Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                      Just would like to know whether you got fed returns or ITIN for your dependents.

Thank you.
                      I have not got ITIN for my wife. The waiting continues.....

Comment

IRS asking original passport

Hi,

I have submitted my ITIN request when we are filing the tax returns for my husband at IRS office. They have verified all my documents and accepted our application.
                        But then I received a mail from IRS office today to send my original passport for verification. I m scared to send my original passport. Is anyone faced this scenario?
                        Will it be safe if i send my original passport through mail.Please suggest.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nithyahari View Post
                          Hi,

I have submitted my ITIN request when we are filing the tax returns for my husband at IRS office. They have verified all my documents and accepted our application.
                          But then I received a mail from IRS office today to send my original passport for verification. I m scared to send my original passport. Is anyone faced this scenario?
                          Will it be safe if i send my original passport through mail.Please suggest.

Thanks
                          Some one in this thread has encountered the same problem. But he said, he again went to IRS office along with the IRS query, and displayed the passport. It appears IRS office has resolved the dispute. Subsequently ITIN was processed.

Thank you

Comment

Hi All,
                            I would like to share my experience on the ITIN application.

Feb 14th---Travelled to TAC office near chicago along with my wife and son and submitted ITIN application.
                            Mar 8th ----Received ITIN for my wife
                            Mar11th----Received notice from IRS for my son saying that they required original passport or certified copy of passport once again,Even though i have
                            submitted the application through designated TAC i dont know why i received the notice.
                            Mar14th---Visited once again same TAC and checked with the same guy who processed my application,He said due to some quality issues in indian passport IRS office
                            requested for passport.He gave me two options either to go to consulate and get a certified copy or hand over the orginial passport to IRS....
                            Some how i chosen the second option which i repent now..
                            Till now i haven't got any update from IRS,Even i visited local IRS office and also spoke to IRS office,but they say the last update showing in there system is on March 3 and it is all about the notice which they sent...

They dont have any update on my passport which i submitted and they ask me to wait for 8-10 weeks from Mar14 to get an update...

If any of you guys come across similar situation please let me know...

Thanks,
                            Balaji

Comment

My experience

I would like to share the experience with my wife's ITIN process

March 4th 2013 - We went to TAC office near Dallas and submitted the ITIN application and the tax returns. We took her original passport and didn't take any certified copy from the Indian consulate.

April 5th 2013 - Got the ITIN no. with the notice date of April 3rd 2013.

April 14th 2013 - In the IRS 'Where's My Refund' tool, my tax application's status got updated to Return Received. I am hoping for the refund to get approved without any notice from IRS to send her original passport.

Comment

Originally posted by phanicon View Post
                                I would like to share the experience with my wife's ITIN process

March 4th 2013 - We went to TAC office near Dallas and submitted the ITIN application and the tax returns. We took her original passport and didn't take any certified copy from the Indian consulate.

April 5th 2013 - Got the ITIN no. with the notice date of April 3rd 2013.

April 14th 2013 - In the IRS 'Where's My Refund' tool, my tax application's status got updated to Return Received. I am hoping for the refund to get approved without any notice from IRS to send her original passport.
                                Congratulations, I'm happy for you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X