SS No. for E2 Dependent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS No. for E2 Dependent

How can I get a Social Security No. for my 18 yrs. old son. We already applied an Employment Authorization Doc. (EAD), but it was denied.

We want to get him a Social Security No. so that my son can get a Drivers license and can drive from my house to school or vice versa.

Thanks,

Originally posted by rjafalar2002
    How can I get a Social Security No. for my 18 yrs. old son. We already applied an Employment Authorization Doc. (EAD), but it was denied.

We want to get him a Social Security No. so that my son can get a Drivers license and can drive from my house to school or vice versa.

Thanks,
    Hm. I'm not sure he qualifies for a SS# - I tend to think he does NOT.

No DMV can deny issuance of a drivers license to a lawful resident (non-immigrant) based on the lack of SS#.

Tell your son to go to the local SSA office, and ask for a "letter of denial" - he might need to explain what he needs it for.

A "letter of denial" is basically a preprinted sheet of paper that says "We're sorry, but you DON'T qualify for a SS# based on your status in the US", and includes the SSA office stamp and date - maybe even a signature.

The local DMV on the state you reside should accept that in lieu of a SS#.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X