E2 visa with 85k investment approved - happy to answer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 visa with 85k investment approved - happy to answer questions

I just got back from my interview and my visa was approved! I am very happy and I wanted to share my experience and answer any questions the community has.

There are a few misconceptions on some place about this visa and I think it's a super underrated option.

I started a new media company with 85k invested and plan to create 3-4 new jobs in the US, so ask away.

Hey Congrats! so what kind of business it is? have you invested in existing company?
    do you have partners? whats the business name if i can lookup on internet. cheers!

Comment

Congrats, lenenkash​! I hope you'll be wildly successful! I am a US Citizen partnering with a foreign person. We are starting up a new company (a construction related area). I'm a minor partner, and my role is to advise regarding US rules & regulations, etc. My foreign partner will primarily run the company once we are up and going. The checklist from the lawyer has some things that I don't think are relevant for us, but I'd like your feedback on that. We can show investment in the company, money already transferred to the US, source of funds all ok, etc. But we are not really operating the business yet, which in principle we cannot do until the E-2 applicant is physically here so that he can run the business. So evern though we leased a space and having been paying rent and electricity for several months, we have no sales yet. So it seems to me we should not need to show profit & loss for the past, just projected P&L for future years. Maybe we should show a balance sheet showing what the US assets of the company are? We initially got what I think was misguided advice that we needed to be showing a profit, so we were waiting until we are ready to actually start selling, and figure out how to make some sales and show profit before applying. But that really doesn't make sense because the E-2 person is not allowed to work here yet (has visited on tourist visa and opened bank accounts etc.). And if we are able to sell and make profit without him being here, then that suggests he doesn't really need the visa since he's apparently just an investor. These are just my thoughts and I would love your feedback on my thinking based on whatever your experience can allow you to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by lenenkash View Post

I just got back from my interview and my visa was approved! I am very happy and I wanted to share my experience and answer any questions the community has.

There are a few misconceptions on some place about this visa and I think it's a super underrated option.

I started a new media company with 85k invested and plan to create 3-4 new jobs in the US, so ask away.
        Could you tell us more about the type of new media company you started? Was it necessary for your business to be already up and running before your interview?

Comment

Originally posted by lenenkash View Post

Congratulations!!! I am applying for E2 visa soon. I have few questions regarding e2 visa.

how long did it take to get interview appointment?

I am planning to apply toronto embassy. My attorney says it may take anywhere from 4 months to 7 months to get interview appointment.

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X