X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b Extension

Hi,

Can someone please help me to find out the following answers:

1) My L1B visa will be expire on 16 May 2016 and when i can apply for extension?
    2) If i will apply the extension in premium now and the result will come in December and if my extension will be rejected then my visa will also be rejected or my visa will be there till May 2016?

Regards
    Suhail

Originally posted by suhaanan View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please help me to find out the following answers:

1) My L1B visa will be expire on 16 May 2016 and when i can apply for extension?
    2) If i will apply the extension in premium now and the result will come in December and if my extension will be rejected then my visa will also be rejected or my visa will be there till May 2016?

Regards
    Suhail

Visa, petition and I-94 are three different things. I-94 and petition extension can be applied while in US, an approval of which allows you to stay and work while in US, but doesnt allow you to freely leave US and return without first getting a new visa outside US. In order to get a new visa you need to take the extended petition to a US consulate outside US and attend a new visa stamping interview.

1. Assuming your I-94 and/or petition is expiring May 2016 too, then you can apply for extension 6 Months prior to I-94 expiry that is Dec 2015.
    2. They would mention in the denial notice, in most probability, you would be allowed to stay till current I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X