Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Canadian going to US on an L2, answer D-160 questions based on new pp or old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian going to US on an L2, answer D-160 questions based on new pp or old?

Hello again,

I have been a Canadian citizen for just over a year now. My husband (Canadian born) is being transferred to the US on an L1B visa, so I will be going with him on an L2 visa. My question: do I answer the questions on form D-160 based on only my new Canadian passport/nationality or on both my new and my old nationalities and passports?

I'm asking because:
    1- I used to live and work in the U.S. on H1B, actually started the green card process which had to be halted because the sponsoring company went bankrupt in the 2008 financial crash.
    2- I have visited the U.S. as a Canadian permanent resident.
    3- I was denied a U.S. tourist visa just once, because I foolishly thought I could go back after I moved to Canada to pick up some of my possessions that I had left with a friend in the U.S. Since it was just a month after I had left, I was denied a visa, but that didn't affect my being approved for a visa about 5 months later, and I haven't had any issues crossing the border as a permanent resident since.
    4- I have never been denied entry to the U.S. as a Canadian citizen... because I haven't tried to cross the border.

So my answers on the D-160 will differ depending on which passport I base my responses on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X