Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1,L2 Visa stamping in India

Hi,
    I am currently in my L1 visa and traveling to india next month. Will need to stamp my passport for L1 and L2 for my wife. My question is my kid was born here in the US and holds a US passport. In such case should he also apply for dependent visa and is it a must to have is US passport stamped as well?

Thank you

Originally posted by jagadpx View Post
    Hi,
    I am currently in my L1 visa and traveling to india next month. Will need to stamp my passport for L1 and L2 for my wife. My question is my kid was born here in the US and holds a US passport. In such case should he also apply for dependent visa and is it a must to have is US passport stamped as well?

Thank you
    Your kid being a US passport holder would not need US visa. Though the kid may need Indian visa for visiting India.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Your kid being a US passport holder would not need US visa. Though the kid may need Indian visa for visiting India.

Thank you Raghvi. Yes i did take a tourist visa for him to visit india.

So i do not have to apply for L2 dependent visa is my inference from your response.

Comment

Originally posted by jagadpx View Post
        Thank you Raghvi. Yes i did take a tourist visa for him to visit india.

So i do not have to apply for L2 dependent visa is my inference from your response.
        Correct. The US passport is enough to allow your kid entry to US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X