Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long delay in MRV fee receipt activation

Hello,

I have made a NEFT transaction for my L1 Visa fee on July 8th. Since I did not receive the activation email after two days I have reached out to Chennai helpline. On the feedback session, I can see that my case is escalated. Today when I called , they told me that whoever made NEFT transactions on 8th is facing the same problem . As per call center , they are working on it and it should be resolved with in next 24 to 48 hours . Anyone else is facing this problem?

Thanks.

Delay in MRV Activation

Hi John,

I am also facing the same issue. I paid the fees through NEFT on July 13th and even after two business days my MRV receipt is not activated. I read in some other threads that the MRV number is the Unique Account Number you paid your fees, excluding the first five characters (TIER*). I tried that but was not successful. I am planning to call the support team for an update or status. Please let me know if you were able to resolve your issue. Thank you.

Ashith Shetty

Comment

Long delay in MRV fee receipt activation

Hi John,

I am also facing this issue. I did a NEFT payment on July 13th and I am still waiting for activation of my MRV receipt. Please let me know if you were able to resolve your problem?

Thanks
      Ashith Shetty

Comment

Still not resolved

My issue is still not resolved. I am in touch with call center for over a week now and they kept telling me to wait for next 24 to 48 hours. I guess, I don't have any other option :-/

Comment

MRV Receipt is still not active after 4 days

Originally posted by john16 View Post
          My issue is still not resolved. I am in touch with call center for over a week now and they kept telling me to wait for next 24 to 48 hours. I guess, I don't have any other option :-/
          Hi John and others,
          I am facing the same issue. Paid Visa fee by NEFT on Dec 16th 2016 7AM, its still not reflecting after 4 days. No good response from Customer service, they are just asking to wait. Please advise how much time it took in your case to get thos resolved. How did you escalate the issue?

Comment

MRV fee activation issue

Hi,

I have made the payment on 16th Dec for my wife and still even after 4 days and daily following up with customer care , MRV fee receipt is not activated.

Does anybody have any clue as to how long I need to wait. What are the other options we have?

Thanks and Regards,
            Sandeep Gupta

Comment

Originally posted by sandeepgupta.1987 View Post
              Hi,

I have made the payment on 16th Dec for my wife and still even after 4 days and daily following up with customer care , MRV fee receipt is not activated.

Does anybody have any clue as to how long I need to wait. What are the other options we have?

Thanks and Regards,
              Sandeep Gupta
              Hello Sandeep,
              I am in same boat as you are Dec 16th 2016 had issue with 200 people payments as per the customer service. Just now I called them again, they told me that the issue has been resolved and that they will activate in another 3-4 hours India time 9PM.

Not sure if they ae speaking truth because I have no confidence on them now, but lets see. Please do tell me when yours get resolved. I will tell when mine gets resolved,

Comment

Originally posted by raovanta View Post
                Hello Sandeep,
                I am in same boat as you are Dec 16th 2016 had issue with 200 people payments as per the customer service. Just now I called them again, they told me that the issue has been resolved and that they will activate in another 3-4 hours India time 9PM.

Not sure if they ae speaking truth because I have no confidence on them now, but lets see. Please do tell me when yours get resolved. I will tell when mine gets resolved,

Hi All, I received the activation today. Hope this information will help someone.

Comment

I paid through NEFT on Jan 17 and my receipt are not generated yet and now i have got a response from travel desk that it went under compliance review and it could take 2 weeks to 6 months by bankofamerica to resolve this, Is this normal ?
                  here is the message:
                  n response to your question, be advised that your payment is currently pending compliance review by Bank of America. All banks have compliance program elements as part of their risk assessment policies, and they are standard procedures in the banking industry. The review can be as quick as two weeks and as long as six months, so it is not possible to predict when the bank will respond. Please be assured that once the process is completed you will be contacted by us to continue further with scheduling your appointment.

Comment

@md.arif were you able to get this sorted? Cant we just make a new payment? My payment was also made through NEFT on 30th Jan and still haven't received the MRV receipt number.

Comment

Random singh Any news in Your activation . I am in same boat HAd any luck in making new payment ? Got email Compaliance Reivew and asked to wait 2 weeks to 6 months .Please guide

Comment

Originally posted by randomsingh View Post
                        Cant we just make a new payment? My payment was also made through NEFT on 30th Jan and still haven't received the MRV receipt number.
                        You can make another receipt & pay the fee again, but remember the amount you paid earlier is non-refundable.

Keep checking the cgifederal site, your receipt number will be auto populated, once the payment is completed. No need to wait for the receipt number separately.
                        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

ismail080852 and Libra_14 thanks alot fkr your responses. The MRV reciept got activated after a couple of days. It took around 5 days for it to get activated.

ismail080852 did you make the payment yourself ? Or company made it for you? I was reading the infk and it says if we try to rverse the payment after it has been made, that transaction will be olaced under review. So i would suggest check with the bank if for any reason they tried tk rverse the payment because of some issue, if yes then get a clarification that it was a bank issue and send it to the embassy.

Comment

randomsingh i paid it myself .this is for visitors visa for me and my wife .i paid fees on feb 2 2021 .til now no activation .also did not try reverting the payment.checked with sbi bank from were i made the payment they said everything clear from their end . traveldocs customercare says i cannot contact bank of america .once it gets cleared they will email me . can you give me little more detail on how to send information to embassy
                            Last edited by ismail080852; 02-12-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Just leaving this here, for anyone who might run into a similar issue later on. If you get an update from the US Travel docs saying that your payment has been flagged for compliance review and it might take 2 weeks to 6 months for it to get completed, I am really sorry; you are unlucky and drew the short straw.

There's really no way to know how long it would take for this process to get completed, so if you have time constraints and need a Visa relatively early, you might have to just swallow the loss and pay the MRV fee again. Preferably don't use the same bank (I went and paid my fee over the counter to avoid running into a similar issue again). I got my receipt within 3 hours this way.

Best of luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X