Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa change to O1?

Hi,
    I'm currently in the US in L1B visa status, I've been working for my company for about 7 years. I am also undergoing a green card application through my company that will take another year or so.

Long story short - It's getting more and more difficult for me to stay for another year and I'm interested in seeing if I have any other options. I know I can't change employer and keep my L1B since it's based on experience working for the same company. I work in computer arts, and I think I have good chances of getting an O1 visa application approved, so I'd like to know what would happen if I get in touch with a company that is prepared to apply for an O1 visa for me.

1. Can I apply for O1 visa while in the US on L1B status or do I have to leave the country?
    2. Can I apply for an O1 visa while I have a Green card application being processed? (Currently undergoing the PERM process for an EB3 green card)
    3. Do I have to leave the country and re-enter once I get the O1 visa approved?

Thank you for your help!

Hi

Did you receive an answer to this? I'm in a similar situation

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X