Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140/I-485 pending, I-765 approved, office relocating me to another state

Hello everyone,

My I-140, I-485 and I-765 was filed in january this year. I-140 and I-485 are pending for 200 days and approx. 140 days are pased since fingerprints were received. My wife?s fingerprints review was completed after 4 months of application submission but mine is pending. I am on L1-A, that is valid till end of year, and application was filed under EB1C. My priority date is early january 2018.

Coming to the point. My company has offices in multiple states and wants to move me to another state.

So,

Question 1: if i move to another state is it going to affect my GC process in any way? I will keep the current apartment and address and will get a new one in another state on my name.

Question 2: Keeping the apartment in current state will help or i can simply leave that apartment and file application to change the address.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Zainys View Post
    Hello everyone,

My I-140, I-485 and I-765 was filed in january this year. I-140 and I-485 are pending for 200 days and approx. 140 days are pased since fingerprints were received. My wife?s fingerprints review was completed after 4 months of application submission but mine is pending. I am on L1-A, that is valid till end of year, and application was filed under EB1C. My priority date is early january 2018.

Coming to the point. My company has offices in multiple states and wants to move me to another state.

So,

Question 1: if i move to another state is it going to affect my GC process in any way? I will keep the current apartment and address and will get a new one in another state on my name.

Question 2: Keeping the apartment in current state will help or i can simply leave that apartment and file application to change the address.

Thanks in advance.
    1. No
    2. No it does not matter. You can always move and file a change of address.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X