What are available options after L1B blanket 221g slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are available options after L1B blanket 221g slip

Hi experts, greetings, recently I had interview at Chennai on 16th November for L1B blanket, got 221g blue slip with not clearly approvable remark. I'm working with employer for 1 year 2 months & total experience is 7 years.

Need some advice from you, what could be the reasons & what are options available now?
    Can I apply for B1 or L1B individual under premium processing?

This is how somewhat my interview went.

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: Please pass your passport and documents

VO: you are applying for L1B?

Me: yes ma'am, L1B

VO: and you'll be going to New jersey, Iselin

Me: yes ma'am

VO: How long you have been working with the company?

Me: I have been working with YYYY for 1 year 2 months

VO: what are you gonna do at client site? Explain in simple terms.

Me: I have developed a tool YYYY tool for the asset management companies, and started explaining the tool & I was about to tell the duties.. (I thought I'll explain the tool first & then tell what Im gonna do at client site)

She cuts me short here and says

VO: but what are you gonna do?

Me: I'll be installing the YYYY tool in the clients software ecosystem

VO: is the tool specific to client

Me: No its a generic tool that i have developed for asset management companies.

VO: you designed this?

Me: Yes, ma'am

VO: Anything else you were working on or just this tool?

Me: i was working on this tool only, as i have been assigned to develop this proprietary tool

VO: who is the client?

Me: ABC XYZ company

VO: ABC X.. What?

Me: ABC XYZ

Spelled - X Y Z

VO: oh XYZ, ok

VO: how many clients did you install this tool for?

Me: this is the first client

VO: how much is your salary?

Me: my basic salary will be 54000 usd & incentives will.. She cuts me short

VO: sorry, how much?

Me: 54000 usd and incentives will be added to offer letter before travel & bonuses would be given based on performance.

After this I dont remember if there was one more question or not, then next she kept typing in her computer

VO: I need to check something, please wait some time.

She went in somewhere & came back after some time (4-5 long mins) & gave me blue colored 221g slip, said application doesn't satisfy clauses for L1B & the exact reason are in section that is marked on this slip, give this to your HR department.

Me: ok, thank you.

Could it be salary amount, that I got 221g?

And now

Can I apply for B1? (is it allowed)

Can I apply for L1B individual under premium processing?

Please advise.

Thanks

Please check with the website and submit your query. You will get a detailed explanation and your next step

Comment

Apply for L1B individual after waiting for some time. you can not work on B1 visa.
      Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rajeshkumar_withu View Post
        Apply for L1B individual after waiting for some time. you can not work on B1 visa.
        Just my opinion.
        Thanks.
        Is there defined time to wait before applying l1b individual?
        For business meeting or requirement gathering/training, can B1 be applied?
        Last edited by vinayakj; 11-26-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by potamo View Post
          Please check with the website and submit your query. You will get a detailed explanation and your next step
          Thanks.
          Actually I looked on the site but couldnt find the link to post query. I found this, https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do but I think thats not it.
          Can you please guide on how to post query?

Comment

Originally posted by vinayakj View Post
            Thanks.
            yes for business meeting or requirement gathering/training, you can apply for B1. But be careful in the interview( B1 interview) there is a chance the interviewer will ask is it for the same project which you have previously applied L1B(They will keep the history of our details) , you should reply its a different project.

But if you have to work for a long term assignment like 1-2 years go for L1 individual after waiting for 6 months.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks.
              Frankly you won't need a long term L1B visa for just deployment of a tool - what was the duration mentioned in the application?

$54K is indeed a low salary for Iselin, NJ.

You can certainly apply for L1B Individual as well as B1 immediately - no waiting period.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                Frankly you won't need a long term L1B visa for just deployment of a tool - what was the duration mentioned in the application?

$54K is indeed a low salary for Iselin, NJ.

You can certainly apply for L1B Individual as well as B1 immediately - no waiting period.
                Thanks for thr reply.
                VO didnt give me exact reason or what can I do next, if I can re-apply with blanket or individual. So someone suggested me in post to post a query.
                Actually I looked on the site but couldnt find the link to post query. I found this, https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do but I think thats not it.

Comment

Thanks for thr reply.
                  VO didnt give me exact reason or what can I do next, if I can re-apply with blanket or individual. So someone suggested me in post to post a query.
                  What was written/selected in your 221G form ? In your first post you mentioned that "application doesn't satisfy clauses for L1B" - which means the "work" you mentioned doesn't qualify for specialized skills.

If it says NCA or Not Clearly Approvable - it means you can apply for L1 Individual.

Hope this helps.
                  - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                    What was written/selected in your 221G form ? In your first post you mentioned that "application doesn't satisfy clauses for L1B" - which means the "work" you mentioned doesn't qualify for specialized skills.

If it says NCA or Not Clearly Approvable - it means you can apply for L1 Individual.

Hope this helps.
                    Thanks @Libra_14.

Yes, in 221g form she marked next to "Your blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(B), (C) or (D), or INA 101(a) (15)(L)."

I'm confused if it was salary (during mock interview the travel dept guy told me this is way low & suggested to say this salary as basic salary) or work(because I had specialization in tool that I developed), so is there a way to know more details, like posting query or something as someone suggested in this thread?

Comment

Thanks @Libra_14.

Yes, in 221g form she marked next to "Your blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(B), (C) or (D), or INA 101(a) (15)(L)."
                      Apply for L1B individual.

I'm confused if it was salary (during mock interview the travel dept guy told me this is way low & suggested to say this salary as basic salary) or work(because I had specialization in tool that I developed), so is there a way to know more details, like posting query or something as someone suggested in this thread?
                      It can be both as well.

As I mentioned earlier, 54K per annum will be ~$3500 per month in hand after tax. An 2BHK is Iselin, NJ is easily $1800 per month.

On work side - simple generic tool, developed in an year by you, just deployment needed by developer itself, first client - these things doesn't make you specialized skilled person as defined in L1B requirement.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X