Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B individual appointment at Chennai

Hello All,

My L1 B blanket was rejected at Chennai in November, my company applied for L1 B individual with premium processing which was approved after RFE and now I have my L1 B individual interview in march. I have below doubts, could anyone please help me in getting those clarified ?

1. With my L1b individual attorney has mentioned in the form that no dependent are applying with me but I have taken appointment for my family as well along with me. will this be an issue ? can VO reject my application on the basis of this ?

2. I have taken my L1 B blanket appointment which was rejected at Chennai location and have take L1 B individual appointment again at Chennai location, will this be an issue ? heard that its better to take appointment to other location if rejected on a particular location ?

3. Any pointers or details what all question can be asked for L1 B individual interview so that i can be prepared well ?

4. Any other details which I should be aware and prepared for the Visa interview ?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by rishibhargava; 03-11-2019, 04:32 AM.

Originally posted by rishibhargava View Post
    1. With my L1b individual attorney has mentioned in the form that no dependent are applying with me but I have taken appointment for my family as well along with me. will this be an issue ? can VO reject my application on the basis of this ?
    No issue, you can say that you changed your mind.
    2. I have taken my L1 B blanket appointment which was rejected at Chennai location and have take L1 B individual appointment again at Chennai location, will this be an issue ? heard that its better to take appointment to other location if rejected on a particular location ?
    No issue. This time you have approved petition, which means you are already half way through.
    3. Any pointers or details what all question can be asked for L1 B individual interview so that i can be prepared well ?
    It will be moreover the same set of questions (rather less) as compared to your blanket interview.
    4. Any other details which I should be aware and prepared for the Visa interview ?
    Do not hide the truth or tell lie.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      No issue, you can say that you changed your mind.

No issue. This time you have approved petition, which means you are already half way through.

It will be moreover the same set of questions (rather less) as compared to your blanket interview.

Do not hide the truth or tell lie.
      Thank you, much appreciated !

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated !
        Best of luck & please do share your experience once you go through the interview.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

As far as I know once the petition is approved, 90% you will get Visa, just be doubly sure what is there in the petition. Like salary, location, client name.......they cannot reject you based on the roles, technical skills you possess....only if the answers you tell and the details in petition mismatch it might be a problem.

Regarding, dependents godhead no problems...petition generally do not have dependent details

Comment

Hi rishi , share your individual petition interview experience and feedback. Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by sairam@1 View Post
              Hi rishi , share your individual petition interview experience and feedback. Thanks......
              My L1 B individual was approved at Chennai consulate.
              Questions asked by VO -
              1. Work location
              2. Salary
              3. How long we are married (to my wife )
              4. How old is the kid (to my wife )

thanks a lot to this wonderful forum !

Comment

Best of luck & please do share your experience once you go through the interview.
                Questions asked by VO -
                1. Work location
                2. Salary

Comment

Questions asked by VO -
                  1. Work location
                  2. Salary

Congratulations!!

Comment

Questions asked by VO -
                    1. Work location
                    2. Salary

congratulations all the best enjoy

Comment

Hi Friends,

Need some advise , my L1 blanket visa was rejected way back in Sep 2014 . Our immigration team suggested the option of individual petition with the underline comment that it has higher rejection rate . So my manager here doesn't persuaded the option and eventually I had to cancel my visit. Now something came up again very recently and my immigration team is asking for option whether they should apply with individual or blanket petition. Thing is individual petition costs way higher and this may cause issue with approval from my manager , at same time immigration team is saying individual petition is having a very high rejection rate.
                      Please suggest the forward path , should I go for blanket petition , does I stand a chance to pass through it or going with earlier rejection I become more susceptible to rejection again.
                      Thanks in advance

Comment

chaodary_ra
                        In my opinion always good to try with Blanket then go for Individual Petition.
                        In Blanket the decision clearly with Visa Officer during your Visa interview based on your performance, salary, (direct report - only for L1A) , roles job duties, knowledge with convincing answer to VO why you are travelling and it cannot be done by someone in USA. In Individual petition the decision is with USCIS (most of them) based on your profile etc. And some minimal percentage plays on VO stamping interview.

Just suggestion, not legal opinion.

Comment

chaodary_ra
                          In my opinion always good to try with Blanket then go for Individual Petition.
                          In Blanket the decision clearly with Visa Officer during your Visa interview based on your performance, salary, (direct report - only for L1A) , roles job duties, knowledge with convincing answer to VO why you are travelling and it cannot be done by someone in USA. In Individual petition the decision is with USCIS (most of them) based on your profile etc. And some minimal percentage plays on VO stamping interview.

Just suggestion, not legal opinion.
                          I take this the other way.

In blanket petition, the onus is on the VO alone to verify everything & he can simply reject the visa (without giving any reason to anyone) on an iota of doubt.
                          Opposite to that in Individual petition, your company submits all real documentation to USCIS with an option for attorney to re-appeal for decision, increases the chances.

Ofcourse, if you want to hide things with the USA, then blanket would be a better option

Comment

I take this the other way.

In blanket petition, the onus is on the VO alone to verify everything & he can simply reject the visa (without giving any reason to anyone) on an iota of doubt.
                            Opposite to that in Individual petition, your company submits all real documentation to USCIS with an option for attorney to re-appeal for decision, increases the chances.

Ofcourse, if you want to hide things with the USA, then blanket would be a better option

Libra_14 OK, you know better in your experience in this forum for many years :-) , do you mind seeing your private message. I dropped you many. Thanks

Comment

Do you mind seeing your private message. I dropped you many. Thanks
                              sairam@1 I have plenty of private messages but don't see any one from you. Could you please resend.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X