H1 to L1 after 6 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to L1 after 6 years

After completing 6 years of H1, is it possible to go-out and come back to USA immediately on L1 through a company which has India/USA offices? Any special procedures? :rolleyes

Thanks in advance.

H1->L1

I am in the same boat! Any luck with your situation. My attorney tells me that I have to be out of the country for atleast one years before I can do that.
    :rolleyes

Comment

No.
      Firs off, you can't get another H1 or L1 unless you have been out of the country for one full year.
      Second, the L1 requires that you have worked for the company abroad for at least 1 year.

Comment

HTML Comments are not allowed

I have a peculiar case. I will be finishing my H1 on March 2004. My company is ready to get me back here on L1A and have blanket L1. According to them, I have to stay out for 1 year. I think I can come back in 6 months for 1 year because I am allowed 7 years on L1A including the
        time spent under H1. Once I am back, I file for I140 and 485 + EAD. Hopefully I will get that before that year is over. Do you think it is doable?

Comment

Re: won't work

Well, as I had explained in my post, there is the requirement that you must have worked for the company abroad for at least 1 year to be eligible for L1.
          So coming back after 6 months would not work, regardless of the 7 year issue of the L1A.

Comment

HTML Comments are not allowed

Blanket L1 regulations only asks for 6 months of working at a foreign office.

Comment

HI, I Went to US on 25th July 2014 with L1B visa and return to India on 8th November 2018, Went again with H1B on 19th January 2019 and returned to India on 19th September 2020. Am I eligible for CAP exemption after an year out side USA? Can I travel back to USA after 20th September 2021 since I have not used my H1B completely?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X