X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa stamping after extension

Hi

Would appreciate if someone could clarify this for me ,

i am currently in the L1 exension and since its been extended my visa in the pasport has expireed .

i had postponed getting stamped hoping to get it done when i go to india on vacation . But it so happens that when i do go for stamping there would be only couple of months for the current petetion to expire .(trip to india in march , L1 expires in may)

can the visa be rejected based on this as there is only couple of months before the petetion expires , i was told so that it does.

Could someone please clarify this for me .

would it be better if i went to canada to get it stamped earlier than waiting to go to india ?

thank you so much in advance .
    appreciate your help.

You should be able to get it stamped until the petition expiry date. If you are so concern, then you should file the extension and then go for stamping with the extended petition or if possible go to Canada/Mexico now and get it stamped.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thank you

Thank you for your help.

just one more question , do you think it is easier to get it stamped in canada than Indian

Comment

If you have all the required documents and if you have maintained your status correctly, then you can get it stamped anywhere without any issues.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X