Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD application

Hi folks,
    I am an L1B visa holder and my spouse has an L2 visa.
    We would like to start the L2 EAD process for my spouse. Is it recomended to use an attorney to do this or can we file individually?

Thanks

You can do it individually on your own, its pretty simple & straight forward process.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

did it by myself. get approved in less than 90 days.

Comment

Thank you both!
        My spouse is currently in India, can we start the process now or is their presence in the US mandatory to start the process?

Comment

can you throw some light on it. Like how to apply for EAD? I have to apply for my spouse.

Comment

Here is a link to the form. The relevant category is (a)(18).
            Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

My L2 EAD was filed by an immigration attorney. They submitted the following docs:
            - proof of payment -- form G-28 (you don't need that) -- form I-765 - copy of my and my husband's passports -- copy of my and my husband's visas (L1 + L2) -- copy of my and my husband's most recent forms I-94 -- copy of our marriage certificate -- copy of the petition (form I-129S) -- 2 of my husband's paystubs -- 2 passport-style pictures

Good luck!
            Last edited by Gina1808; 04-02-2019, 10:27 AM.
            I'm an L2 non-immigrant. My most recent I-539 and I-765 were submitted mid-Oct 2020, Texas SC and approved early August 2021.
            Make sure to sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. USPS sent back my first EAD and it took 5 months to get it re-mailed in 2018-19.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X