Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-A Blanket Interview @ Calgary - URGENT question around Salary + Perdiem

Hi All,

I am scheduled to appear for L1-A Blanket Visa interview at Calgary (Canada) consulate tomorrow. Can someone please help me how to address "What's your salary" question considering my situation?

I am not relocating to US, instead travelling weekly (Monday to Friday) from Canada to US. So, my employer will continue paying Canadian compensation and in addition will pay USD XX per day towards expenses while also paying for travel and accommodation.

If I explain above in response to "What's your salary", can it go against my case?

My Canadian compensation is in the range USD 85,00 to USD 90,000. Same is mentioned on my Form I-129S.

Thanks!

Based on my understanding, this is not the right visa for you.

If you are on L1A, then you should be getting salary for the full time & you'll need to pay taxes in USA.

Please consult an attorney.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Not necessary, L1-A can work in US while being paid on foreign payroll. But, good that you responded, it prompted me to do further research and scout through old threads

Just came out of Interview.. VO approved Visa!

For anyone reading in future, feel confident in answering salary during interview even if you are being paid in Per-dime mode. It's legally allowed and with my case being approved, I believe that doesn't go against your case during interview.

ATB!

Comment

Congratulations & thanks for sharing your interview experience.

Also, please let us know, how will you manage on tax part - as on L1 you need to be working at all time & get paid by your employer. If the employee is getting paid outside USA, how will US Govt, ensure that the employee-employer relation exists. You need your payslips to be submitted for L1A extension as well.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Haven't thought through the process but as I understand, the company in Canada (which will pay my salary) is subsidiary of company in US. So, it will charge my cost to the US parent company.

Visa got approved - I will start work from next week - That's happy ending to the story. Tax and other things I will dig later

Comment

I meant you please share it whenever you've that information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X