L2 visa timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa timeline

I filed my L1a extension application last year along with my husband's I-539 in normal processing. We didnt want to file his EAD concurrently fearing it will trigger RFE for him to submit the L1a approval document. We decided to handle it seperately once my L1a extension got approved. I received approval last month on my petition after moving it to premium. I havent heard any news on his petition yet, upon checking with attorney they asked me to wait.

Has anyone faced a similar situation and if so when did you hear back on I539 approval? We are also not sure which service center his I539 is tagged to, as all the service centers show outside normal processing time for I539.

Any inputs will help.

Originally posted by RM2016 View Post
    I filed my L1a extension application last year along with my husband's I-539 in normal processing. We didnt want to file his EAD concurrently fearing it will trigger RFE for him to submit the L1a approval document. We decided to handle it seperately once my L1a extension got approved. I received approval last month on my petition after moving it to premium. I havent heard any news on his petition yet, upon checking with attorney they asked me to wait.

Has anyone faced a similar situation and if so when did you hear back on I539 approval? We are also not sure which service center his I539 is tagged to, as all the service centers show outside normal processing time for I539.

Any inputs will help.
    Generally I-539 goes to the same service center as I129. when was your L1A approved?
    You can understand the service center by looking at the receipt number of I-539, if it starts with SRC it has gone to Texas SVC, if it starts with EAD then it has gone to Vermont ....like that

Comment

Thanks. I was sure it was sent to Texas Service Center as his receipt number starts with SRC. Unfortunately Texas Service Center processing time is not captured in this link.
      This site provides applicants the ability to see an estimate of the time to completion from submission of USCIS forms based on its adjudication location and subtype.

Comment

Thanks. I was sure it was sent to Texas Service Center as his receipt number starts with SRC. Unfortunately Texas Service Center processing time is not captured in this link.
        https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
        Correct , it shows for I129 but not for I539

Comment

L2 extension approval was received around 3 weeks after L1A approval. Texas Service Center. You should receive it pretty soon. You should receive a courtesy copy via postal mail as well.

Comment

Thanks, its 4 weeks passed. Attorney has raised a service inquiry. Hoping to hear something soon.

Comment

I received the 1539 approved and a I797 copy of it after raising service inquiry.

It says in the document updated I-94 is attached, but we didnt receive it with the approval document. Is it something that will be sent seperately.? Because in I-797 of the primary applicant, the I94 is attached below the document as detachment but missing in my husband's I797 copy. To apply for EAD, the I94 is needed.

Has anyone come across this situation?

Comment

I received the 1539 approved and a I797 copy of it after raising service inquiry.

It says in the document updated I-94 is attached, but we didnt receive it with the approval document. Is it something that will be sent seperately.? Because in I-797 of the primary applicant, the I94 is attached below the document as detachment but missing in my husband's I797 copy. To apply for EAD, the I94 is needed.

Has anyone come across this situation?
                You get a courtesy copy.Your attorney must have got the actual approval that has I-94.Happened to me!

Comment

Thanks for the response. Looks like that, i will follow up with the Attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X