Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take to respond back to RFE in premium processing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how long does it take to respond back to RFE in premium processing?

    We had applied for L1A on March under premium processing. We got the RFE on May 3rd and we responded back within 2-3 weeks of time. However, They received the RFE on June 3rd. Its 06/12/2019 and we haven't heard back anything yet. Our attorney advised it would take 5-7 days to get a reply back. It's been 1 week and 2days already nothing yet, Any idea how long does it take to respond back in premium processing?

  • #2
    The 15 days rule applies to RFE as well. USCIS either will respond within 15 days of receiving the RFE response or will refund you the premium processing money.

    Check if you missing any mail or if your attorney missing the response.

    Your attorney can also file an service request with USCIS to re-check, if you are missing the mail.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

    Comment


    • #3
      It took 9 days from the RFE receipt date for them to respond (Approved). After that it took another 2 weeks for my attorney to get the hard copy of the I-797.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you Libra_14. Does 15days include the weekend as well? USCIS has already received our RFE documents but it's been exactly 10days for today and haven't back anything. So once we receive the letter. We need to take an appointment at the consulate office is that correct?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by harshavardhini View Post
          Thank you Libra_14. Does 15days include the weekend as well? USCIS has already received our RFE documents but it's been exactly 10days for today and haven't back anything.
          Yes, its 15 calendar days (including weekends).
          Originally posted by harshavardhini View Post
          So once we receive the letter. We need to take an appointment at the consulate office is that correct?
          Is it an extension of new petition?

          If it is an extension & your visa is expired & you are planning to visit outside USA, then yes, you need to go to consulate to get your new visa.
          Otherwise once extension is approved you can continue staying, working in USA without a need of new visa.
          Last edited by Libra_14; 06-14-2019, 02:19 PM.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

          Comment


          • #6
            @Libra_14 No, it's a new petition.
            Its been 11Days already, just nervous into why not received anything yet.
            So this being a new application, need to go for an interview at consulate office correct?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by harshavardhini View Post
              @Libra_14 No, it's a new petition.
              Its been 11Days already, just nervous into why not received anything yet.
              Don't worry much, there is really nothing what you can do now. So relax & wait for the response. Hope for the best.
              Originally posted by harshavardhini View Post
              So this being a new application, need to go for an interview at consulate office correct?
              Yes, once your petition is approved, then you need to go for stamping to local consulate.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

              Comment

              Working...
              X