Applying L1A or B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying L1A or B1

After getting rejected in L1B in India , after how many days one can apply for B1 or L1A?
    Is this okay to apply for B1 or wait for some time and apply for L1A

B1 will be risky right now. Wait for ~6 months before applying for B1.

Was your rejection based on Blanket or Individual petition?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

My rejection was L1B blanket few days back.I still unable to comprehend why I could not perform well inspite of advance preparation for potential questions e.g Specialized skill etc. I think , I could have performed far better than what actually spoke during interview.Few regrets such as I wish I could have prepared all questions by myself in own handwriting( My wife did that writing part) and revised the question-answer before one hr to the interview.
      During my interview, I mixed my answers from my preparation sheet and goofed up the responsive answer.I am a good speaker and delivered multiple good presentation in office in front of 30 people or so.I was confident that I will not hesitate and speak to the point in front of VO.That may b the reason, I was not mugging up the answers.Actually I thgt I will at least speak to the point but to my surprise, I was not speaking appropriately.I think , I wish i could have prepared the answer to all potential questions by myself and wrote those question answer myself multiple times in notebook.I never followed this approach so this time too i didn't follow this process but i think this backfired me?
      It is hard to believe for me even today that I didnt perform up to the mark during interview.Getting L1B blanket Visa rejection was one thing but my regret is that I did not perform well in the interview which I could have done easily if I was speaking appropriately. I am a am unable to come out of that regret and always think if my interview is now I can perform excellently but this chance is already over ..
      my next steps:
      1. I don't know first how to come out of this regret.
      2. Not sure after how many days/months I can reapply for L1B or L1A( I am eligible for this). And which Visa category will be easy to get approved.
      Thanks.

Comment

Amit083 Hard luck and all the best for next interviews. Could you list down if possible?
        - What were the questions asked?
        - Service or product based company
        - Salary in India and US
        - years of experience.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Amit083 View Post
          1. I don't know first how to come out of this regret.
          2. Not sure after how many days/months I can reapply for L1B or L1A( I am eligible for this). And which Visa category will be easy to get approved.
          Sorry to hear that. I wish someone could help you for your regret thing, but you yourself need to get over it.

Not sure if that helps, L1B & blanket both have less probability for approval.
          L1B being in specialized skill visa - you really needed to prove that you are having a unique skill, which is rare to find in USA, hence you are needed to be in USA.
          & Blanket category - the onus is on the VO to determine that you are really a qualified person, usually on an iota of doubt, VO rejects the application - it is in his favor.

Next step for you is to go with Individual petition - Which you can apply today itself, without any wait time. Ofcourse L1A is always better than L1B & easy to secure now-a-days.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thank you for response ..it helps..
            I understand you suggest that I can re apply for L1B individual immediately.However I shall go with L1A blanket option.

Is there any suggested time gap after which I should apply for L1A blanket so that VO should think that I justify my role as Manager. I just promoted to manger 15 days back.
            also ideally how many reportees one should have under L1A Blanket category .I saw that one girl got L1A at consulate with 15 reportees but that number is not practical for me.

Comment

I understand you suggest that I can re apply for L1B individual immediately.
              That's correct. You can go for L1A individal as well right now.
              However I shall go with L1A blanket option.
              Blanket (any visa) I won't prefer for you now.
              1. Is there any suggested time gap after which I should apply for L1A blanket so that VO should think that I justify my role as Manager. I just promoted to manger 15 days back.
              No time gap required.
              ​​​​​​​
              2.also ideally how many reportees one should have under L1A Blanket category .I saw that one girl got L1A at consulate with 15 reportees but that number is not practical for me.
              I've seen people got approved for just one reportee, 7-10 should be a good number I guess.

Comment

Hi Libra_14...
                I thank you for your patient reply.Your answers helped me to tackle my issues emotionally and technically.this was very much timely response.
                there are folks folks do not feel empathy about Visa rejection and straight away start asking questions which seems to be more selfish than actually understanding how it feels to some one who got rejection .

On different note it seems my company can file my any Visa only after 1 yr.based upon your answer it seems this is not legal requirement though ...

Comment

Dear Amit, I am sure you would have performed well. Due to rejection you are feeling that you haven't given ur best.
                  No need to get regret as now a days US Visa became lottery system.
                  My H1 OOC rejected couple of yrs back n I was blank for 6 months like anything.
                  I would suggest you to keep good rapo with your leadership and apply for L1A or B Individual when ready. Which is safer than blanket. (You might be knowing).
                  For B1, You can apply any time but I won't suggest B1 is just like visitor Visa, we can't settle or can't stay long term.

*** I am not an immigration attorney.. sharing my personal views....

Comment

On different note it seems my company can file my any Visa only after 1 yr.based upon your answer it seems this is not legal requirement though ...
                    No, that's not a legal requirement.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X