Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is not possible to apply L1 B if rejected once under blanket petition

Hi forum members,

My L1B Visa got rejected way back in 2015 , more than 4 years now . Since then I have been looking for some opportunities and recently I have been again asked for L1 . Now thing is our immigration team in US is saying that I cant apply under L1 blanket petition . Can someone please help if there is such regulation that we cant apply under blanket petition even after passage of time (more than 4 years in my case) . They said only option available now is individual petition which has more chances of rejection. So to conclude -
    1.) Is it really we can never apply for blanket petition once rejected ever if in same organisation
    2.) Do individual petition has more chances of rejection

Originally posted by chaodhary_ra View Post
    1.) Is it really we can never apply for blanket petition once rejected ever if in same organisation
    Depends on what was mentioned in your earlier denial. If that says you cannot use Blanket, then certainly you cannot use it.
    2.) Do individual petition has more chances of rejection
    In my opinion Individual petition has more chances of approval.

I have shared that multiple time on forum - for blanket petition the onus is on the VO to identify that you are right candidate for the visa & the VO has no obligation to approve it, if he has even an smallest bit of doubt for your candidature. On the other side Individual petition (multiple papers are submitted as proof) is approved by USCIS after thoroughly reviewing your & your company's profile & hence VO does not have to worry much for approval.

You have tried blanket once, lets give a try to Individual now
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you Libra , actually our immigration team is posting same reply to everyone who got L1 blanket rejection . Initially I thought there might be some cooling off period but they simply says its not possible via blanket route now.
      If I remember correctly mine was saying - clearly not approvable

Comment

If I remember correctly mine was saying - clearly not approvable
        That means you cannot use Blanket now with same organization, you'll have to go with Individual petition only.

If you happen to change your employer then you can use your new employer Blanket petition.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X