Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B Blanket extension approved - India restamping advice

Hi everyone,

I am currently on L1-B Blanket extension in the US and my extension is valid till 2021. My spouse has L2 with EAD as well and is also working here. For my extension, I have approved I-129S, I-797As.

We are planning to travel to India and since I am not eligible for dropbox, is there any concern in restamping at the Chennai consulate. Considering rejections on H1 restamping, i wanted to know how it is for L1 Blanket restamping .

Any advice would be really appreciated !

Should not be a problem, go ahead & get your visa. Best of luck !!
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Oh Great ! Thank you very much ! Really appreciate it !

Comment

One more thing, since you filed for extension here in USA, you are now on Individual petition.

An approved Individual petition has higher chances of visa approval compare to blanket one.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thank you very much for that. I am sorry i just saw it now.

Yes. i got clarification that my extension is an approved Individual petition (My initial L1-B was on blanket) . However, while i was scheduling my visa appointment, i stumbled upon this question

"""""Do you have a previous L-1 visa (individual intracompany transferee)? """

What do I answer here ? Yes or No ?

Is the question asking if my previous visa was L1 or is it asking if my previous visa was L1-Individual ?

Comment

Originally posted by humbled View Post
            """""Do you have a previous L-1 visa (individual intracompany transferee)? """

What do I answer here ? Yes or No ?
            It is asking for an visa type, for you, you had blanket earlier. So you should answer "No"

Comment

Thank you very much !! Appreciate it !

Comment

I was going through the process and was unable to find dates in Chennai. If I am able to find dates in Hyderabad or Delhi, should I submit a new DS-160 with the respective consulate and then schedule the appointment ?

Comment

Not sure if you can use the same DS160 with other consulate, but since you are not living in India anymore, you can take appointment at any consulate.

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X