Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B extension/L2 EAD renewal

Hello All,

I am in a scenario of where my L1-B extension is applied but I have received a RFE.

My wife L2 extension already happened in Aug 2019 since her passport was expiring and she got new I-797A valid until 08/2022.

My company has filed her EAD renewal along with my L1B extension but now when I have received the RFE, does she still can get new EAD before expiring in Feb 2020 since she has got L2 already extended until 2022 OR does EAD needs to wait until I get my L1B extension approved?

Kindly advice.

Thanks
    SMIR

For EAD renewal, you'll need to prove that L1 has a valid petition to work in USA.

She can still get her EAD renewed though.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for your inputs.

Comment

Hello All,

I wanted to quick check on L2-EAD. If the USCIS status says On February 6, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number YYYY and if my current EAD is expiring on Feb 7. Can I still go and work on Feb 8 after showing the USCIS status to employer or do I need to wait after Feb 7 until I receive my card in hand.

If someone know where on the USCIS website, the rules for EAD are and where we can go and read about to wait until we get the physical card in hand?

Kindly advice with your experience and knowledge.

Thanks
        SMIR

Comment

Can you guys let me know how much time L1B and L2 and L2 EAD was taking these days to process?

my was applied in Nov 7th 2019 and yet to get an approval.

all we’re filed in normal processing.

Please let me know.
          Last edited by ankitbansal2601; 02-08-2020, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ankitbansal2601 View Post
            Can you guys let me know how much time L1B and L2 and L2 EAD was taking these days to process?

my was applied in Nov 7th 2019 and yet to get an approval.

all we’re filed in normal processing.

Please let me know.
            Consider 5 to 6 months as normal now-a-days.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

@ankitbansal2601
              Normal processing takes longer. L1B can be done in premium though.
              For L2 & EAD, as Libra_14 said, 5 to 6 months but I would say if you can get a contact/help of Congressman office help. There are chance it may expedite based on the request. Good Luck

Libra_14

Could you please provide any advice on my inquiry posted on 02/06

Thanks

Comment

This 5-6 months is for L1 or L2 and EAD?

how can I contact Congress men ? what’s the procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by SMIR1985 View Post
                  Hello All,

I wanted to quick check on L2-EAD. If the USCIS status says On February 6, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number YYYY and if my current EAD is expiring on Feb 7. Can I still go and work on Feb 8 after showing the USCIS status to employer or do I need to wait after Feb 7 until I receive my card in hand.

If someone know where on the USCIS website, the rules for EAD are and where we can go and read about to wait until we get the physical card in hand?

Kindly advice with your experience and knowledge.

Thanks
                  SMIR
                  You will need to provide the evidence through a physical EAD card to be able to continue to work.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X