Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding L1A Individual Stay

Hi,

i came to usa in Feb 2014 on L1A Individual visa. I had to travel back in Sep 2016 due to some family emergencies. And came back again in Mar 2018. Still I am in USA.

I am little bit confused with my overall stay. my stay will be counting from Feb 2014 or it will be counting from Mar 2018 as there was a gap of 16 months (which is more than a year).

Could someone please help me to identify this.

Are you using the same visa & petition which was issued on Feb 2014? If yes, then your earlier stay will be counted.

If you applied for a new visa & petition in Mar 2018, then that won't be counted - since you took a break of more than a year outside USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

i came in Mar 2018 using same visa but I had to apply for extension in May 2018 because visa was valid till May 2018 only. so I got extension approved.

so what should be in that case?

Comment

Since you used the same visa/petition. Your overall stay will be counted (i.e. from Feb 2014). But your leave of absence will NOT be counted.

So effectively:
        Feb 2014 to Sep 2016 - ~19 months stayed
        Mar 2018 to Nov 2019 - ~21 months stayed

You can stay for 44 months more.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X